1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of getting a head unit finally
Sony CDX-GT630UI CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

is that a decent one
does anyone here have it?

also is sony even decent with decks
alot of people i know have pioneer and alpine

i want to spend around 200-250 for everything including the pac integration adapter

·
Registered
37 Posts
im thinking of getting a head unit finally
Sony CDX-GT630UI CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

is that a decent one
does anyone here have it?

also is sony even decent with decks
alot of people i know have pioneer and alpine

i want to spend around 200-250 for everything including the pac integration adapter
Hey man, I can tell you from experience from owning Sony head units that they are decent units for sure, honestly they wouldn't be my first choice if i had to pick one. I am a huge fan of Alpine units, I've been able to hear the difference between the two units and Alpine is hands down better all around. The difference I have noticed between them is, w/ the Sony the bass is deff deeper if your hooking up to subs. Alpine's bass is more full. But the biggest difference to me and this makes or breaks a unit for me is overall clarity of what your listening too. And with the Alpine the sound of the music is crisp and extremely clear, even when you turn the volume up pretty high you hear no distortion at all. Now I'm not saying the Sony doesn't the Sony has a decent sound to it but if you want something that has true crisper and clear sound all around I would go Alpine and you can find one around the same price you were looking to spend on the Sony. Here's the Alpine unit I currently have.

Alpine - 50W x 4 Apple® iPod®/Satellite Radio/HD Radio-Ready CD Deck - CDA-9886

hope this helps ya out some!

·
Registered
314 Posts
hey, i am selling my pioneer out of my cobalt for 150 shipped. includes everything needed to install. as well as the pioneer iPod interface adapter

Pioneer Premier HU DEH-P680MP Pioneer USA - CD Receivers
Pioneer iPod interface adapter (NIB never opened) $50 shipped p/n CD-IB100II

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey man, I can tell you from experience from owning Sony head units that they are decent units for sure, honestly they wouldn't be my first choice if i had to pick one. I am a huge fan of Alpine units, I've been able to hear the difference between the two units and Alpine is hands down better all around. The difference I have noticed between them is, w/ the Sony the bass is deff deeper if your hooking up to subs. Alpine's bass is more full. But the biggest difference to me and this makes or breaks a unit for me is overall clarity of what your listening too. And with the Alpine the sound of the music is crisp and extremely clear, even when you turn the volume up pretty high you hear no distortion at all. Now I'm not saying the Sony doesn't the Sony has a decent sound to it but if you want something that has true crisper and clear sound all around I would go Alpine and you can find one around the same price you were looking to spend on the Sony. Here's the Alpine unit I currently have.

Alpine - 50W x 4 Apple® iPod®/Satellite Radio/HD Radio-Ready CD Deck - CDA-9886

hope this helps ya out some!
yeah that was the one alpine i really liked
but didn't want to drop that much on it
i bought the sony yesterday and should be receiving it tomorrow

·
Registered
12 Posts
i just picked up that sony unit today. i liked it because it gave me the option of usb or aux, and it looked better than the other units at best buy. i dont like buying over the net, so thats why i ended up going with this. i just have to see if this harness will work with the cobalt.

·
Registered
21 Posts
go alpine/clarion

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.