Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2009 Cobalt with the 2.2 engine. I am looking to get my ECU reprogrammed to turn off secondary air pump system and still pass emissions. I am tired of playing around with the air system. What is the cheapest way to get this done.?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. Where do you get this done in central NJ? Can you buy a tuner and install a tune that comes with it. Does the tuner allow user modifications to the ECUs programing parameters to get what I need done or do I have to get someone to make a tune for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wont tune it 09 2.2

Called a shop in central NJ. At first they said they would do it. Then they called me back and said they can't do it. So can they do it but just did not want to, or are they correct and it can't be done.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I'd recommend a Tech 2 to disable the SAI, Trifecta was supposed to disable mine and I can say for sure they didn't and mine is an 09 also. Also Trifecta costs $250.

·
Registered
435 Posts
This will be ancient. Since I slapped on new stickier (not LRR) tires will a tune make up for slightly better mpg? Let alone peformance I mean a light foot helps but would love no lag :)

I have the following bolts if performance is a factor:
GMPP intake
2.4 tb
Trubendz catted 2.5 dp
2.5 exhaust with ZZP resonator and a rusty muffler lol
LSJ style stock exhaust mani, leaving it there

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
What tires? Summer tires?

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Auto car?

5-spd?

That manual car will still probably get better MPG, but a tune will help. I'm not personally a fan of canned or mail order tunes. I'd rather have someone local just stab an HPT into it and tune it via a wideband since every car is different.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Sorry, it's an auto with Falken Ziex 912 all-seasons. They do perform better then the oem LRR Hankooks

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.