Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking out the GMPP touring catback and I really like the sound. I'm not sure I want to do the whole system, though. Is there a way to get just the muffler or is there one with a similar sound?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's just it, not sure I want to.

·
Registered
720 Posts
If you think you want a few bolt-ons now, then decide later you want to go forced induction, you'll have wasted a lot of money that you won't get back.

For instance, lets say you buy an intake, 2.4 mani and tb. Then you decide to go supercharged...well you wasted a few hundred dollars at least.

Now on the other hand, if you buy a header, dp, and exhaust and decide to go turbo, you wasted money on at least the header. DP and exhaust might be usable for the turbo, but you may have to go larger than that...

It all depends. It's always smart to plan ahead like OBZ said...what are your long term goals?

I myself and looking at intake, header, dp, cat-back, and tune. That's it for power adders. My goal is a mix of fuel economy and a little extra hp. Now down the road (say 3 years or so) I may choose to go S/C. However, I will probably be buying a Solstice/Sky for a fun car so I doubt it. As much as I'd like to and as much fun it would be to have a sleeper.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what are your long term goals?
I'm not sure. I can't decide if I really want extra power, or if the illusion of more power would be enough.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're probably right msteeg. Guess I'd better start saving my pennies. Hey, anyone know where I could get a burned titanium muffler tip?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.