Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
Not sure they are all compatible from 07-10

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Oops, yes they are.....GM# 20795209
Chevrolet Cobalt 2007-2010
4 Cyl 2.0L, 4 Cyl 2.2L, 4 Cyl 2.2L

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Now is the airbag compatible with the 05 inflatable restraint module? Are the connectors the same? Can you interchange an 05 clock spring with an 07-10

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Scratch that last one, clock spring is behind the steering wheel.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure about the module yet. The clockspring should be the same. There is only one listed for 5-10

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

I'm a little nervous about the bag module. I guess I could always buy an 07 module and pass bag too. The pass bags I've seen as low as $40. Hopefully everything plays well together.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
To bad it's the long weekend here I could have asked my friend Chris, he does this repair and swap all the time.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

He's gone to the cottage until tuesday noon, with no phone to reach him with.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well, I can wait. Please find out what you can.

I see there are several modules between the 5 years of production. 05-06 share the same module but even within those 2 years, there is a different module for cars equipped with side curtain air bags (option ASF). The same is true for the 7-10's but none of the later years share a module between years (at least the non-ASF optioned vehicles do). There's also different modules for 6 loop or 8 loop, whatever that means. Hopefully the 07+ bag will work with my system.

I bought everything I need for the 4 spoke to 3 spoke swap minus the steering wheel airbag. None of it has arrived yet. I probably won't dig in for a while. I plan on working on the radio swap first anyways.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Scratch that. None of the years interchange modules. Maybe a BCM thing? None of the years share those either.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

A little sheet I put together. The "Sensor" row towards the bottom is the sensor that's mounted in the engine bay.

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
I believe the 8 loop is for the sedan with side curtain airbags. There are 2 extra sensors one in each rear doors. Coupe doesn't need them for obvious reason and would only use 6

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.