Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im looking into purchasing a lambo door kit and was wondering if anyone here has put a set on a cobalt. I have done lambo doors before cause i work in a bodyshop, but i know that there are tips and tricks to everything. I also just purchased a RKSport lip kit and VIS carbon fiber hood and trunk. Any info on the lambo doors is greatly apperciated

·
Registered
678 Posts
i think "beamer"'s got them. either that or its just the pic that he has as his sig. look him up

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
heres a tip, dont get them.

·
Registered
678 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
as said before make sure you get a quality kit, you may want to paint the underside of your doors because GM does a crappy job on them, and to the picture above lambo's have a hinge that allows them to open normally and vertically. there is a kit that allows the cobalts to do that as well but i can't remember the name right off hand. I like them personally but i don't exactly have the grand that it takes to get a good kit and i'm more into performance so if i did have the grand i would probably save it to get me a nice turbo kit. just my .02

·
Registered
802 Posts
honestly to me door modifacations are played out... i like goin to car show's and people walk by my car and be like damn them doors' dont flip... lol... but seriously that's just my 2 cents..

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I have thought about getting them simply for there functionality. In Utah we have harsh winters and big storms. So Our gutters are pretty deep and if i park to close to them.. BAM the door hits it. Especially when there are passengers that don't really know..

But for the cost.. There are better things to spend my money on..

·
Registered
15 Posts
My two cents are, if you have the money and the time to make them correctly, you should go for it.
You should find a good quality kit, take your time to plan everything out, once you finish the installation you should clean things up by painting, sanding, grinding and make it look good, not in that order though lol.
Once it's all done you will be happy with your car.

Spending money on a door modification is the same as spending money on wheels, exhaust, and anything else.
It's up to your own personal style. If you like lambo doors go ahead and get them.
There will always be people dogging you for doing something.
I mean, I can say that aftermarket wheels are the ricest you can get.
Everyone has them, most of them don't do anything for performance.
So just do what you feel is best.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I have thought about getting them simply for there functionality. In Utah we have harsh winters and big storms. So Our gutters are pretty deep and if i park to close to them.. BAM the door hits it. Especially when there are passengers that don't really know..

But for the cost.. There are better things to spend my money on..
You have he open the door a good amount before you can lift them up OBZ, you can just lift them stright up, i dont think lambo doors will help with that much.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.