Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help diagnosing a P0573 (TCM) Cruise Control Brake Switch Circuit High Voltage DTC. Cruise control simply will not enable. I've already replaced the brake position sensor, getting the same DTC coming back after clearing & doing a BPP relearn. I've got some screenshots of my Tech2; can someone verify the voltages look ok? Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I've even tried clearing the DTC while the vehicle is driving down the road, comes right back after I try and activate cruise.

DTC Info:

BPP Sensor Info:

Cruise Control Data:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I’ll have to look and see if I can get into the read outs for the cruise control with my scanner. I will compare the voltages if I can.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I might have to go back to look for the pedal switch voltage since I didn’t find it. Im sure it’s in there, but it’d only tell me it was open or closed circuit.

I got these reading from the cruise switch. From what I see your car pretty much matches mine. Car is an ‘06 LT sedan.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks. One thing someone told me is that there is a second "Cruise cancel" switch connected to the brake pedal somewhere. I can't see it though, is there a diagram of where it is?

Edit: guess I was overthinking this...turns out all 3 of my upper brake lights were burned out! I guess that also triggers that DTC.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The ones in the trunk lid? I have noticed they are on a separate circuit than the tail light bulbs. So if the key is off the third brake light can still come on but not the tail lights if you hold the brakes. I might have to try removing the bulbs and see what happens. I have leds in mine and am kind of surprised they didn’t cause a problem with the cruise working.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Thanks. One thing someone told me is that there is a second "Cruise cancel" switch connected to the brake pedal somewhere. I can't see it though, is there a diagram of where it is?

Edit: guess I was overthinking this...turns out all 3 of my upper brake lights were burned out! I guess that also triggers that DTC.
I was going to mention break lights, but I guess I assumed that since you had the readouts and all the informationo you had that you had already checked that. Its kinda weird though, I have had my 3rd break light disconnected and for got plug it back in and did pop a code for it. My cruise just didn't work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts