Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I have a red 2007 chevy cobalt LT and I am looking to add a few more mods to it...

Shorty Antenna
Exhaust
Cold Air Intake

I wanted to know what is the best brand I can get for these with a reasonable price...

Also, what's the difference in having a silencer on your exhaust and not having one?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
for the shorty Antenna go to Modern Performance and get theirs it is very popular and reasonable i got one for my gf's balt for $22 shipped

exhaust and intakes there is many threads on here you should read through and it all depends on how much your willing to spend and personal preference...i have the GMPP Air intake and i love it cuz its clean, made by GM and has a great sound

·
Registered
505 Posts
Good exhaust. I have it, not too loud and not too quiet. Deep tone, not ricey at all.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Week. But I bought it on Friday that's why

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone think the paying $300 dollars for a K&N Cold Air Intake is worth it? I don't mind paying for it, if it's worth it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay thanks. I'm glad I asked. I was trying to avoid ebay for buying parts like this for my car, but if it's the exact same thing for a cheaper price, I'll take it.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
yeah dude ebay has some great deals and one way to make sure is copy the serial code from k&n website and then paste it in ebay and it will come up there is def some sellers on ebay for sure...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does these K&N intakes on ebay come with the K&N filter too? I went by autozone earlier today they said that the ones they sell do.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, I just ordered the exhaust and k&n cold air intake. Does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to have either one installed?

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Just put the intake on yourself its easy. Same with the exhaust. One thing I don't understand with a lot of people on here is that they buy parts and then want to spend even more money for a shop to install it. Learn how to do yourself dude, it'll be worth knowing down the road if anything goes wrong and your mechanic isn't there to help. There are plenty of "how to's" on the site to reference from

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just put the intake on yourself its easy. Same with the exhaust. One thing I don't understand with a lot of people on here is that they buy parts and then want to spend even more money for a shop to install it. Learn how to do yourself dude, it'll be worth knowing down the road if anything goes wrong and your mechanic isn't there to help. There are plenty of "how to's" on the site to reference from
Well, that's going to probably require me to spend more money on tools that I would need. Instead I could probably put that money towards getting a professional to do it and knowing it's done right or they will have to fix it.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts

I agree, the intake is probably the easiest install ever. All you really need is a flathead screwdriver, a phillips #2 screwdriver, and a 8-12mm ratchet set. Should take no longer than 30 minutes at most. I went with the K&N Drop in filter, took me about 3 minutes max. I also did the cold air box delete DIY guide, took me of about 20 minutes. Now my car roars from 2500-5500rpms. Schweet!

Next step in performance for ya man is the intake and exhaust manifold upgrade. That will improve throttle response, low end torque, and high rpm horsepower gains. After that step, comes the pricey upgrades, lol. If your ride is still under warranty, do not do the next step. It will improve significantly, but will void the warranty.

Next Step is to port out the head of the block. This will allow max air/fuel delivery to the combustion chamber and you will notice anywhere from 10-15hp/8-10lbs torque. Thats the last step for basic bolt ons and performance, and highly recommend a tune to the ECU or ECM to get all of this stuff working properly (fuel injection setup, cam timings, air/fuel delivery, etc).

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Well, that's going to probably require me to spend more money on tools that I would need. Instead I could probably put that money towards getting a professional to do it and knowing it's done right or they will have to fix it.
I'm not trying to be a dick here... but the tools you would need to take this entire car apart would not cost you more than maybe 200 dollars, which is cheaper than a shop will charge you for putting your exhaust on. and with having those tools, will set you up for success later on with different mods. You basically by saying that, said that you can't take apart/put together 4 bolts on your exhaust and a couple screws and bolts for the intake. Did you ever play with model cars when you were little? Those things took more time and were harder to make than modding our cars

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.