Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, ive been looking into blacking out my cobalt, like with darker tint, shave emblems, tint tail lights and head lights, and to get some black rims, where is the best place to start shopping for this?

·
Registered
992 Posts
well mine is all black everywhere, inside/outside minus my rims. there is a how to on tinting your tailights and painting your headlights. window tint just find a local shop and rims anywhere

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks guys, have u had problems with the tinted tail lights? like being pulled over?

·
Registered
439 Posts
I was pulled over and ticketed. They usually will give you a fix it ticket ( take it off in x amount of days) ticket was 115 bucks. window tint ticket here is 75.

·
cobalt newb
110 Posts
when i had mine tinted I never got pulled over or ticketed, mine had 4 coats of nightshades on the brake lights and the center light and side markers. I ended up taking it off because inspection is coming up and in reverse there was maybe 1 ft of light output :(

also im from boston MA if that helps.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have two coats of Rust Oleum tint spray on my tails and never been pulled over for them... I also do in a small town of 6 thousand people

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
VHT Nightshade spray, you can buy it at any auto store. I have mine blacked out with it and ive never been pulled over in ohio or west virginia or pennsylvania, but i did upgrade to silverstar ultra rear bulbs so theyre a lil brighter

·
Registered
141 Posts
orrr instead of painting them and having to go back over and polish them up to make them not flat color looking, get them tinted to like 40% or 30%

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
931 Posts
i HAVE had alot of problems with my tailights... however.... i dont have the best past driving record... some im sure alot of it has to do with my rap sheet...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.