Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to purchase a used k&n cold air intake kit for a 08 cobalt for anyone who has super charged and no longer needs.

·
Registered
949 Posts
FYI, there's a marketplace forum that'll open up once you get to 35(?) posts. You'll want to post this over there in the "Wanted" section once you get to the minimum required posts.
@Coby7, is 35 posts the minimum required to post there? I can never remember if it's 35 or 25.

·
Registered
12 Posts
FYI, there's a marketplace forum that'll open up once you get to 35(?) posts. You'll want to post this over there in the "Wanted" section once you get to the minimum required posts.

@Coby7, is 35 posts the minimum required to post there? I can never remember if it's 35 or 25.
I swore it was 25, I'm screwed if it's 35 XD

·
Say What again!
6,225 Posts
The Spyder intakes are usually just a copy of a brand name intake - in this case, it looks to be the Injen.

(Note, sometimes their pictures show the intake pieces rotated the wrong way).

That said, I have one on my Cavalier (for that, it is a copy of the AEM intake) and it fit pretty well, especially for how cheap it is. You'll notice some of the lines (namely the PCV hose) are cheap, so you'll want to use something more robust, but other than that, not bad.

·
Registered
134 Posts

I keep forgetting there is a marketplace on the forum

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does anyone make just the throttle body adapter and tube to the OEM box? I would rather keep a good quality ACDelco filter in there but get rid of the original Throttle Body box. It would need the breather adapter but not the MAF fitting. After seeing various pics like this, I suspect someone does or it was just made from a full kit.

It would be for the 2.4L in a 2008 Sport

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

After some more looking on here I found one. Is this the only option you have seen?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thank you.... any idea on the difference in gain over the entire kit?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thank you.... any idea on the difference in gain over the entire kit?
I had the ZZP part on my cobalt for 3 years. (2006 N/A 2.2) Didn't notice much if any gain, but I bought it so that I could remove the factory engine covers and whatnot.

·
Say What again!
6,225 Posts
Yeah, the stock setup isn't too inefficient to begin with. You'll get a couple crank HP, maybe. It's as you said: clean looks.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Zzp claims 6-10hp with the intake tube and a k&n drop in, certainly looks a lot cleaner though without that big plastic box sitting on top of the engine

·
Registered
520 Posts
I am willing to bet there is less than 3% increase in power below 4000 rpm and more than 5% increase in engine noise.
But YMMV.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well.... this was the results of my order from ZZP.
Still waiting for a call back :|

·
Say What again!
6,225 Posts
That would appear to be the entirely wrong middle section of pipe.

I'm not even sure what that would be for. Looking on their site, I didn't see any pipe that looked like that.

Reactions: Parthros

·
Registered
24 Posts
And they are now out of stock and not replying to calls or emails.
It appears they threw in something to make an effort. The center pipe is 3.5id It slides over the couplers :surprise:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for the link:
After being told to trim one of the coupler's and pay a 10% restocking fee for returning everything, I had to tell Ryan D that I would build my son's Cobalt with someone else's parts. What an arrogant child.
This week alone they lost out on a CAI, HP Tuner, Performance struts and springs and we are rebuilding the entire chassis. I'm a retired GM engineer and to Ryan I am sure I was some 16 year old punk. Their loss, not mine. I wonder if ownership ever sees the insulting emails they send out?

·
Say What again!
6,225 Posts
That is some serious bullshit. They sent you the entirely wrong part - why the hell would you have to pay for their mistake?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.