Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

So I'm currently doing some window shopping for a new set of rims for my ls coupe. Currently I'm considering enkei j10's but I'm not sure whether or not go with the 16x7 since the offset is +42. I'm also considering of the enkei ev5's in 17x7 with +38 offset.

As my car is a daily I'm trying to avoid low profile tires as much as possible. Any recommendations or advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Say What again!
6,178 Posts
I'd personally go with the 17x7 with a +38 - will push the wheels out just a touch, closer to flush with the wheel openings, and the proper tire size for the 17s isn't too low-profile by any means.

Reactions: _TypeZero_

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd personally go with the 17x7 with a +38 - will push the wheels out just a touch, closer to flush with the wheel openings, and the proper tire size for the 17s isn't too low-profile by any means.
Ok cool, out of curiosity do you happen to know what sort of range I have in terms of the offset? Like would the lowest I could go be +35? Also I've seen some nice wheels in 17x8 but the offset is +45. Would that not work in a stock setup?

·
Say What again!
6,178 Posts
My 18x8s are a +35mm and visually it's about perfect.

I think a 17x8 with a +45mm offset would fit just fine - there is plenty of space between my wheels and the spring pocket on the strut that 10mm wouldn't cause any problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome thanks! That really opens up my selection. So what wheels are you running on yours?

·
Say What again!
6,178 Posts
I run an 18x8 MSR 045.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts