Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, it's time to smog test my car but.. it won't pass with the cold air intake i have in it because it's a 2008. (Earlier models are ok apparently) Anyway, i was planning on switching back to my stock intake that i saved but i lost everything when i moved in April :/

Basically: I'm looking to see if anyone has an entire STOCK (original) cobalt intake to sell to me so i can pass smog. I'll be willing to pay by paypal!

I know it's a weird situation! But i'd appreciate some help

-Eli

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Does it pop up a Check Engine Light? I have an OEM box with K&N drop in filter, but im out in NC. My K&N Typhoon intake system on there now doesn't have any issues with smog testing, see if you can pull up a CARB exempt number for that intake so it can pass.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
I guess this is SAI related. The scrapyard is a good place to look, just make sure the model you pull it out of has the same SAI setup as you did. On the other side of the coin, you could always tune out the code/s so the CEL wouldn't come on and you won't be burning rich all the time. More power, better gas mileage and a cleaner burn. Win-win-win.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
This belongs in the wanted section of the site. I will have it moved for you. You also need other info included in the post name, location, etc.. Please read the market place rules and make these missing pieces an addition to your post. If the changes can't be made within 48 hours the thread will be locked. Thank you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
if you aren't throwing a check engine light you will be fine im pretty sure

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

if its a KN short ram it actually supports the SAI

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Check your intake's company website (i.e. Injen, K&N). They should offer a CARB exempt number you can provide to your local emissions testing place to where if that's the failing part, then its exempt. If its an Ebay type of outfit, buy a better intake :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, i'm new here and i can't find the wanted section. Anyway, I'm in Huntington Beach, CA and had no luck at the scrap yard. To those that have a stock intake for sale, how much are you asking for it?

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
It's probably a no-name intake...even though it doesn't matter.

Which is why Commiefornia is le dumb.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah! $40 is cool! and i'll cover whatever shipping is for it. um, i tried to personal message but it won't let since i don't have 10 posts yet.. weird. Could you hit me up at my email? it's [email protected]

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
weird there was none at the scrap yard, theirs half a field of cobalts here... you could pretty much build a whole cobalt with them lol

I realize that you couldn't use the FS section yet, and thats fine but in the future we'll keep all this stuff over there :) but anyways I'm glad you still got it all sorted out :thumbup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.