Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been looking online and ive seen "replica 3 piece spoilers" theyre not as expensive as the oem one which is almost 500 bucks but i mean theyre not cheap either.. what is the better material to buy? there was one made of fiberglass and there was one made of ABS plastic. im guessing i should go with the fiberglass one? thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Something to keep in mind when making this decision is the fact that A: the GM Accesory high mount spoiler(SS) comes factory paint matched for that price, and B: it has the a warranty.

Do the aftermarket spoilers have these things? or is it reflected in the price that they dont?(IE are they so much cheaper that you can afford to get a quality paint job on it?)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Something to keep in mind when making this decision is the fact that A: the GM Accesory high mount spoiler(SS) comes factory paint matched for that price, and B: it has the a warranty.

Do the aftermarket spoilers have these things? or is it reflected in the price that they dont?(IE are they so much cheaper that you can afford to get a quality paint job on it?)
both sites are selling the spoilers for half the price with paint matching. and as far as ive read, they both have a warrantee for the paint. im just curious as to what is better.. ABS plastic or fiberglass..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Stock is plastic. fiberglass can be heavier. Your trunk may not open, even with SS struts.

·
Registered
314 Posts
its your car, do what you want to it man...i have seen LS/LT's with the high rise SS spoiler and i have seen SS's go wingless

·
Registered
450 Posts
I've got a high rise ss spoiler on my ls and i caught a bit of bs for it on other sites but the way i see it if you like the look go for it. I actually made my dealer pay for mine i bought it with the car and they had to do all the work haha. the only other thing i would say is yes it does bob around when you drive or listen to your music loud but i'm gonna get the cf blade for mine to see if it will fix that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.