Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking t.o buy a new cobalt,ss would be nice.what year the best ss? i.f not wat the differnt? which is better? n wat year should iget also on ls v lt

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

what the different spev in lt n ls,which is better

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
yeah how much is your budget? that's what it really depends on. the 1008-2010 SS cobalts are turbocharged, and have the most power. they're real nice, but pricey. you could go with older SS models than 2008, which will be either the 2.4L sport (slowest of the SS models) or the supercharged models. Difference of LS vs LT are basically Air conditioning and power door locks and windows and 5 lug rims on the LT.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
yeah how much is your budget? that's what it really depends on. the 1008-2010 SS cobalts are turbocharged, and have the most power. they're real nice, but pricey. you could go with older SS models than 2008, which will be either the 2.4L sport (slowest of the SS models) or the supercharged models. Difference of LS vs LT are basically Air conditioning and power door locks and windows and 5 lug rims on the LT.
I has an LS and I has air conditioning. :blink: The difference is pretty much luxaries, like power locks and windows (as stated above) Power Seats, Carpet Mats, 16" Wheels, Possible Fog Lights, MP3/CD player, Cruise, etc. etc. Its luxary vs. basic low end generic trim.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ight koo,well around 6000 to 8000,dnt care if it use,well dnt want nothing new,n rite now i own 05 lt. its 4 lug. i thought the spev were different. got homie who has 04 ls n we race took him by half a car.(when we both stocket)

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Translation for Mike,
Alright cool,well my budget is around 6000 to 8000,I dont care if its used, I dont want nothing new, and right now i own 05 lt. it has 4 lug wheels. i thought they were different. I've got a friend who has an 04 ls and we raced I took him by half a car.(when were both running stock).

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

There really was no 04 LS though, the cobalt started production in 2004 which was realeased as the 2005 model.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
So If it was really an 04 you were racing against then your would hve been racing a cavalier

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea,my bad.......my price range is $6000 to $8000,sorry its 05 ls vs 06 lt......and never mind about ss,im gettin another lt or ls. which is better n wat year

·
Premium Member
787 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
if you own an LT then an LS is a downgrade.

LS < LT < 2LT < SS/NA < SS/SC < SS/TC

if your budget is only 6-8k and you already have an LT, i would say the biggest upgrade you might find is trading in for an SS/NA, which is the 2.4 ecotech. It doesnt have a supercharger or turbo in it, but it does have more power than the 2.2 LS&LT and has the SS features, like wheels body kit moonroof power everything leather seats.....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ight, thank guys....the lt for my gurl. so i was thinking about ss for me,bt ill see what i can find

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.