Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I had my car aligned after a lengthy break-in period post FE5 upgrade, and while my car was up in the air I had the mechanic do a basic suspension check. Mostly because I did the work myself and, well, I don't trust myself with an impact gun so I wanted to make sure all the bolts were still where they should be. He said everything checked out fine, other than the left front endlink was loose. He showed me the play on both sides and asked if I noticed the TOCK TOCK TOCKing noise. I did. He also said it wouldn't effect the alignment and I could replace it anytime I want. So, here are my questions: What effect will a loose link have on the handling characteristics of my car? Should I replace it for OEM or do I go for MOOGs and/or swaybar upgrade? Wildcard: It snows in Canada. Alot. Something to consider. Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
just buy a moog endlink and be done. I personally notice no difference with a bad sway bar endlink but some people say "well I dare say my car leans 1 degree farther in a turn". It'll just be an annoying noise til it gets fixed. My grand prix had a broken front sway bay right at the link and I noticed nothing.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, well I don't like loud noises that go bump in the night, and seeing how cheap the parts are and that I can replace them myself, I don't see the issue with replacing them. However, while I'm underneath my car, should I indulge in a 24mm FE5 swaybar? All I would need to sort out is which bushings and clamps (1 hole or 2) to use.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Blackbalts would be better to comment on the sway bar

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Well, I would venture to say the sway bar is a great upgrade, but you will need the TC bar (23mm) not the SC (24mm) if you upgraded to the 08+ FE5 struts. There is a difference in side to side stability, but it can be too much for your application. If autox is something you are going to try I would say run without it first because it might be too much with your current setup.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.