Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so as some of you have seen I put on some wheel adapters with a 1" extension, 17" rims and low pro tires. Now my steering is SO LOOSE that it's actually kind of scary when I'm driving down the freeway. My question is - is it possible to tighten the steering up? If so, does anyone know how? Will the B&G lowering springs I am getting soon help out some? Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
alignment will tighten p your steering

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:eek:h:Ok, I was reading that my wheels/tires might be the cause, but since I'm getting my lowering springs soon, then I'll get the allignment after that.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Kinda sounds like bump steer. scagnetti was going to get a mod that helps with it, But i can't remember what it was

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I have my B&G springs coming tomorrow, so after I drop my car 2" back and 1.5" front, I'll take her in, get an alignment and see what happens from there.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Kinda sounds like bump steer. scagnetti was going to get a mod that helps with it, But i can't remember what it was
Steering Rack Spacers Over The Top Performance to quote maven "its a essential part to a properly handling cobalt" when he speaks, i listen. :laugh:

Well I have my B&G springs coming tomorrow, so after I drop my car 2" back and 1.5" front, I'll take her in, get an alignment and see what happens from there.
thats the best place to start. let us know if the alignment doestnt do the trick. :bigsmile:
oh and cant wait to personally see them on the car.:blink1:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats the best place to start. let us know if the alignment doestnt do the trick. :bigsmile:
oh and cant wait to personally see them on the car.:blink1:[/QUOTE]

You will see next weekend. Hopefully... :eek:h:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.