Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Cobalt Coupe
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow I do my first ever part change on the Cobalt, replacing the throttle body.

Honestly, it seems pretty simple. Wish me luck though.

I am an apprentice electrician. Haven’t worked in about 2 months. Decided to do some DoorDash to kill the time. Cobalt nearly shook me to death. Followed by a check engine light. Put the code reader on it. Throttle Position Sensor. Unserviceable. Replace it all. It’s going to be awesome. I’m excited.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Disconnect the battery before you do it. It's 4 bolts and 2 plugs. Shouldnt take more than 10 min. You will still probably have to do the relearn. But not hard

·
Registered
2010 Cobalt Coupe
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will do that for sure. I will also read up on the relearn process. I guess I have been looking in all the wrong places for advice about this car. Haha

it’s really not a bad little car. I just used it to commute back and forth to work and kind of took her for granted until she gave me a scare. A little TLC will take her back up to speed.

·
Registered
2010 Cobalt Coupe
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update! It went well and part manufacturer even included an idle relearn procedure. Seems to be doing well. Passed the fault test. 👍

1 - 5 of 5 Posts