Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It looks like my clearcoat is peeling off my rear bumper! I'm not sure how it started but will a dealership cover the repair, my car only has 18k miles on it

·
Registered
750 Posts
good luck getting them to fix it for free. I buffed my car out about 3 months after I had it and there was one spot on the drivers door under the handle were the clear started to burn off and no where else. I called the dealership and they said yea we will fix it just bring it in. I take it there and they give me the run around asking what polish and buffer I was using yada yada yada. I tell them that it shouldnt matter cuz the rest of the car didn't have a problem but they said it was my fault and it was going to be an out of pocket expense to repair and wanted like $300 - $500 to fix it. I told them to go **** off and took it to my body guy and he fixed it for $50

·
Registered
450 Posts
try the dealer... i'm having trouble with my clearcoat too... thanks gm for the great workmanship.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I had trash in my paint that was coming through the clear and I took it to the dealership when I had about 35k miles on it and they took care of it. They kind of did the run around on me too but I told them that I've went to professional body shops and they told me that it's trash in the paint and that it looks like it came from factory b/c my hasn't been painted. You pretty much have to be a$$holes to them to get everything right. Just do your hw and take it to a few garages for estimates. But seeing as it only has 18k it's covered on your bumper-to-bumper.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
wash as much as possible, keep in a garage or under a cover as much as possible, and make sure to get burd shit off ASAP! 3 ways to keep clear coat from peeling.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
i know that i just like to spell things funny sometimes

·
Registered
450 Posts
i'm only having the problem where the gm logos came off... but i'm gonna talk to a friend and hopefully have him fix it and paint my ss side skirts at the same time. gonna probably cost around $100 to $150 hopefully

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.