Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So by some unfortunate accident while clearing the ice and snow off my windshield a few days back, I lost my passenger winshield wiper jet (the one that sprays the washer fluid, i actually have no idea what the proper name is). Any way I can replace it?

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

also, my driver side door lock knob broke, sooooo now i have to roll down the window just to use my keys to get out! XD would any custom lock knob do?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
If the "windshield washer nozzle" is physically gone, you can replace it. You could probably find the piece at a junk yard or buy one online for pretty cheap. Typically, this means removing the wiper arms (you'd need a wiper arm tool), removing the air inlet panel, removing the hose, and pressing in a new nozzle (there are 2 little tabs on them). I can post up the how-to later if it's helpful.

On your door, is it just the plastic piece of the knob? If so, you can just screw a new one on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been looking everywhere for just the nozzle, and all i can find are windshield washer kits, that HAVE them but i don't need the rest. as for the lock, just the tip broke off so now I can't pull it up to unlock the door. where can i find this special tool?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The plastic tip is just a screw on. You shouldn't even need to take the panel off.

If you've got a scrap yard you could get both pretty easily. Otherwise, GM Parts Direct or Rock Auto should have those. Check Body Hardware > Windshield > Wiper and Washer Components > Nozzle. Looks like they're $16 + shipping.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nvm, just found a Dorman universal nozzle on JcWhitney (damn, they have EVERYTHING), 25 bucks though, sheesh.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
that's insane, go to a junkyard. Most places around here would give it away

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.