Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually to a tank of gas my fuel range will be around 360 miles on my 09 Cobalt, sometimes as high as 400+. I found that one time when I was in New Hampshire on vaction for some reason my fuel range was sky high.
Well I nearly filled my tank yesterday and only went 10 miles since and my range was down to 273 miles. Does the weather and use of heat(I don't use it full blast or anything) Would this affect my fuel range.
I just rely on having a good fuel range cause work brings me travelling alot!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Here's my Cobalts graph in Cdn gallons.Mileage drops drastically in winter.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
even with the colder weather im still pulling 38+mpg all day and mid 40+ highway

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I think my daughters let the car run, while you probably don't.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
when I get somewhere I turn it off, I do let it warm up for 15 mins every morning though

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
My daughters don't pay for the gas so they don't care. Can't wait for them to leave the nest.

·
Registered
498 Posts
There is a different formulation for gas in the winter time that does cause your mileage to go down I believe

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well for me its the other way around.... a couple of months ago i was getting 26mpg and in the last 3 tanks its been to 27 almost 28. Weird.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Colder air = More dense = More fuel 90% of the time. Just keep that in mind. Another reason why cars run stronger and have more power the colder it is.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Problem here is than everything turns much harder. Can you imagine how hard grease gets at -40°. Tires take 2 Kms before the flat spot goes away.

Oh, I don't believe Sow3r is getting better mileage......his calculator's battery must be weak or something.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ya the do run stronger no doubt about that, I remember a few years ago buddys kid drove his cameo to the strip and it was colder that hell, he had been going there every few weekends all year while it was open, I told him he needed to trailer it cause one day its gonna break. Well he launched it just like he did every other time, he even said it felt stronger this time, care went about 10 feet and tore the rear end all to hell in it. Dad had to scramble for a trailer to go bring it home. I still laugh at him.

Colder air = More dense = More fuel 90% of the time. Just keep that in mind. Another reason why cars run stronger and have more power the colder it is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.