Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I lost the key to my car YET AGAIN. I just spent 300 2 months ago getting them replaced. My car is now sitting in a two hour parking spot and I'm worried that it'll be impounded.

My question is this: is there any way that I can get the car moving without the key? I honestly can't afford to get the keys right now and just need it back in my driveway until I have enough saved up to fix it.

I have a 2007 chevy colbalt.

Thanks for your help,
Nick

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Towing is the only way. If you don't have a key you can't put it on neutral to move it.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Or find your keys. lol

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
When you find your keys, go to lowes, or sears and get one made.
Most stores like that have a key machine you do yourself, and it's like 13 bucks..
I have 4 spare keys for my Balt..

·
Registered
20 Posts
If your key is a smart key (embedded chip), you can only get it copied at a larger dealer (I tried to get one through a local rural dealer and they didn't have the blanks or the equipment to make the copy). Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me can tell you if your key is smart or dumb, based on your year and trim level.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Order blank keys from eBay and get them cut at locksmith or something similar that worked for both my cars with chips in them

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
But you need at least one master key to program slave keys, otherwise you need a TechII to program first new key. The minute you lose one key you should get it replace or it will cost you a lot more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.