Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I lost my keys last night and am wondering what the best option would be to get them replaced. I read that the dealership can make a key but it may be pricey. Also read that I can order a key from ebay or somewhere on the internet but wasn't sure how shady it was to order something from there. Can I get your thoughts?

Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Best idea is go to the dealer. Unless you like waiting a week to drive your car for ebay stuff to get there. Cobalt keys really aren't that bad pricewise to get done at the dealer and they use your vin so its an exact match, no question on if it will fit and work

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Only option is to get a key cut by the dealer based off your VIN number. Enjoy the bill!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I had one cut and it was like $25. A lot better than having a paperweight in the driveway

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
hopefully the de-register all keys so found key wont be used for criminal activity!

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
You lost one key or all of them? If you lost your last key you have no choice but to go to the dealer. If you don't have a master key left a Tech II is necessary to program the new keys. (get at least 2 cut) At this point have them erase all previous keys. Did you lose your remotes also?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.