Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a 2005 cobalt not LT or SS my only engine/performance mod I have into it is a magnaflow exhaust I am looking to upgrade it from around 150 horsepower to 200 this summer I am going to look into throwing around a 3 grand turbo kit but for now what are some decently priced performance upgrades i can throw in it maybe a [email protected] cold air intake headers etc? thanks really appreciate the help.

·
Registered
151 Posts
K&N drop-in air filter, instant 50HP!

Nah j/k. Anyway, since you already have the exhaust, shooting for an intake would be a pretty good next step. What kind of budget are we talking here?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well im not to sure when I will be getting the turbo nor do I know what kind of turbo to get alot of people say buy the prepaid kits and go from their but some say build your own kit my budget for now would be alright spending 300-400 on an intake and is their any other upgrades 300-400$?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm ok any recommendation's to where to get the headers/intake from i was thinkin on the [email protected] tycoon or typhoon w/e its called intake but im not to sure who makes good headers etc thanks alot for the help guys.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have no idea where anyone is going to find headers for their cobalt. I have never come across them.

Sorry, couldn't help myself. But yeah if you are thinking about going turbo, check into upgrading the rest of the vehicle like mounts, clutch, suspension and brakes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.