Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey this is a puzzle. The BC is running great getting 35-38mpg on hiway 1/2-3/4 tank runs. Just last night, ran from OKC to Dallas @ ave speed of 71mph @34.9 mpg. Filled up today and got a 5qt jug of 5W-30 Mobile 1 and a new Fram filter. Drained the oil & installed the drain bolt. And started filling the engine with the fresh oil into a funnel…don’t want to dirty this ~10,000 mile engine and splashed about 1/4 cup of oil between the cylinder head and fuse block….well Pooo!….oh well it’s time for a dusting off bath any way. So completed the oil fill and checked the dip stick. Ok let’s fire it up before I splash the engine with some water…….
Nope. No crank….LOW FUEL…no crank, clutch peddle all the way down…low fuel..
well phifff,!!! Check voltage, 12.57V under hood, 12.65 at the battery…no start..low fuel
Frustrated, I rinsed the engine and all is well??? Engine starts without a problem.
This will come back to bite me sooner or later.

For those interested, the BC is an 08 LS 5 speed with a new, 10,000 mile engine with a Feb 08 build date on the engine. Full FE5 suspension, leather Steering wheel with fully functional cruise and radio controls,

@Oldslowandugly, @MP81

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well we found the primary ground on the stud holding the engine to transmission, G105 I thing, nut wa loose. As in finger tight. Let’s see if this was the problem….

1 - 2 of 2 Posts