Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am looking to buy some Enkei Evo5 17's(bronze/gold is the only good colour rim for a red car imo lol) and I cant find much info on how low profile I can go with them. All I can find is the optimal tire size, so I figure someone will know and can hopefully give an answer.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Heres a link to gauge wheel size with tire tread for speedometer accuracy
Tire Size Calculator - tire & wheel plus sizing

obviously optimal is as close to zero, which is 17 inch wheels with a 40 tread tire, and its recommended to not go more than 3% higher or lower the size off of standard for the stock wheels/tires with the speedometer

·
Registered
489 Posts
lol im with lobalt, i have 205's with 17's but im not lowered yet so theres only about 6 foot of a wheel gap.
Gotta love the SUV look hahahaha!!!!! I agree go with the 45 sidewall!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the suggestions, and the pictures made it alot clearer since i know absolutely nothing about tires. I guess I will need to slam it like 3 feet once i get the rims and tires so it doesnt look to ridiculous. I swear this car has more clearance than my jeep did lol

·
mmmm rice<3
837 Posts
my speedo was off by 4mph with the wheels/tires it came on it, and when i threw the 17's on my speedo is perfect, soo weird. but def remember that when you're driving if you change wheel size your speedo will be off

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.