Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently, my 2005 Cobalt LS has been sounding pretty rough while idling. Sounds like shes about to stall out when Im sitting at red lights or at any kind of stop. Any ideas why this is happening?? :confused:

Update: Check below for the solution to this problem

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm does it say "engine power reduced" on the display? how does it drive?
No it doesnt say that.
There has been one weird thing that has been happening that i have NEVER seen come up, CHECK GAS CAP. But, i refueled recently and it hasnt come up on the display. Like I said, those are the only things ive noticed differently...

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Have you replaced your fuel filter? If I am not mistaken you are getting up there in miles. It might not be the cause, but I do know that a clogged fuel filter can cause low idle, and not throw a code on OBD II cars.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Ive had a CEL but the dealership said it was just the intake..

yes, ive got about 83xxx miles on her now.
Def. time for a fuel filter, besides, it's only about $10.00

i would start by looking for a vacuum leak. have you disconnected any hoses lately?
^^^Good idea, especially around the intake manifold...

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
yes fuel filters are easy. and is very possible it's plugged

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

plus if the filter is plugged it will end up burning up the fuel pump by making it work extra hard

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
i know NGK has some really good iridium sparks, and for a little extra its really worth it...and a while ago i did the 2.2 to 2.4 IM and throttle body swap and you'd be suprised at how dirty it gets hhaah

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
My bronco did this and we changed the fuel filter in it and it work for like a month there it stared to act up agian. But we fixed it i cant rember what the part was called we change but i know a cobalt dont have it. i would have to say fuel filter

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.