Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys, well ive had my eibachs on for about a week and realize i wanna go lower, i dont have many for coilovers, so dont say coilovers lol.

so how do i go about going lower? should i go for adjustable shocks and struts? i heard you can get shorter shocks for the rear so if you drop your car more you still have a good bit of compression in your shock.
how should i go about the front though? just like adjustable struts?
my plan was to gedt kyb gr2 shocks/struts then cut my springs about another half inch all the way around, then i rethought, and thats probably not the cheapest/best way to do it.

so gentlemen, help me out please, Thanks much!

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
dunno...I'm going with fe5 suspension and B&G springs...to my knowledge that's pretty much almost as low as you can go, unless you go coilovers, from what i've seen. Why don't you sell your eibach's and get some lower springs? if not then SAVE for coilovers and do it right?

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
cut the springs, otherwise coilovers are your only option

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

alright guys, well ive had my eibachs on for about a week and realize i wanna go lower, i dont have many for coilovers, so dont say coilovers lol.

so how do i go about going lower? should i go for adjustable shocks and struts? i heard you can get shorter shocks for the rear so if you drop your car more you still have a good bit of compression in your shock.
how should i go about the front though? just like adjustable struts?
my plan was to gedt kyb gr2 shocks/struts then cut my springs about another half inch all the way around, then i rethought, and thats probably not the cheapest/best way to do it.

so gentlemen, help me out please, Thanks much!
those are not an upgrade just a replacement, the best shocks and struts combo is the FE5 kit

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe if i had money for the coilovers i wouldve got them in the first place lol. i like camo's idea because that was my plan lol

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
mine are cut.
just saying.

(shut up guys, i dont wanna hear it)

·
Registered
600 Posts
ill sell you my coilovers

i dont see why people say that the FE5 is the best, i think koni is just cause of the adjustibality
how much? and what kind? :)

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
I believe there is a suspension sticky with the lowering of all available springs.

There shouldn't be any confusion.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
B&G springs are not as lower than sportslines. The reason some of the cars with them look lower on here is cause they have the ss with a lip.
...b&g are lower than sportlines. They're pretty much the lowest. I'll prove it to you once I install mine :D

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
if you go to low you have more of a chance of bottoming out
If you go low properly, your suspension is firmer, (even if you just get lower springs) so no, not really more chance of bottoming out...as long as you don't drive over speed bumps like a douche...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
B&G springs are not as lower than sportslines. The reason some of the cars with them look lower on here is cause they have the ss with a lip.
LOL WUT!!!! :laugh:

I believe there is a suspension sticky with the lowering of all available springs.

There shouldn't be any confusion.
This^

...b&g are lower than sportlines. They're pretty much the lowest.
This Too ^

just get b&g's man u should of first off if u wanted low... look at my garage.

bryan

LOW!

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
What he said^^^^^

B&G = lowest spring by far no questions asked. I love my B&G's!!!

Any questions or disputes?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.