Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals. I wanted to make a thread for people who have lowered their balt's. I want to lower mine eventually...but i want to check out others first. Not to sure if anyone has made a lowered balt thread (didnt show up on "similar threads found")

Anyway, post them pics!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Thread For Those That Want to Cut Stock Springs..

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

On stance coilovers

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cars look good guys!
Any suggestion on springs, struts, etc.?
I like the look of padlock's lowness, for my car

·
Registered
840 Posts
Padlock's springs ride nice. I'm on dropzones which are lower but they ride harsh as hell. It's worth it for the look IMO. And I'd upgrade to fe5 struts.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
There is a thread under suspension that does a pretty good job laying out all the different struts, springs, etc. If you want advice on suspension setups

·
Registered
177 Posts
if your gunna lower your car get coil overs! they are expensive but you can get a lot lower with them... which i plan on investing in coilovers in the next couple weeks :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
if your gunna lower your car get coil overs! they are expensive but you can get a lot lower with them... which i plan on investing in coilovers in the next couple weeks :D
I had coilovers on my Eclipse, they were actually semi practical because I could raise my car up a little in the winter, although I'd never recommend those cheap $20 eBay ones that just sit on top of your strut.

·
Registered
177 Posts
lmao yea i never thought about getting those. i was looking at the meghan racing ones that are like 850? idk i need new struts anyway and i figured why not just get coils i was gunna get them anyway

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
while this is true, alot of ppl dont want to be slammed.. as much as i love the look, most ppl wont deal with the constant worry about bashing transmission mounts and the oil pan against things in the road.. i've already seen one local balt in the area that cracked his tranny mount from scraping something too hard... (which wasnt even his fault, it was just from less than ideal roads).. not to mention the drivetrain vibration issues that come along with coilovers.. its alot of $$ to pay for a look that might end up costing you big bux in the long run..

so with all that said

for most ppl, springs are all they will ever need or want.. and for the price of them you cant really go wrong.. + they still looks better and handle loads better than 4x4 mode lol

just my opinion on the spring/coilover subject..

·
Registered
177 Posts
yea i hear ya but my uncle is a steel fabricator so he can make a steel sheet to cover my tranny and oil pan.. it will add weight but im also putting in a 70 lbs subwoofer with amps and blah blah blah so i kinda gave up on getting fast im tryn to be low slow and loud :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.