Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up some Eibach Extreme Sportlines (That's what they were sold as...not sure if they are different than the regular Sportlines...or if there are actually any difference period)...Also put on a Progress 22mm Solid RSB, SS/SC (FE5) FSB, and I have 20mm wider tires than I had when I got it(205/60/15's)...it rides WAY better than stock and is TONS more stable, especially on the highway...it isn't gettin' blown all around like a lifted truck. Anywho...pics...

One I took before the drop...

Front/Rears Installed...

AND...sittin' low. I'll get better pictures when it is nicer out and cleaned up.

I'd just like to say from going to 4x4 status that thing thing handles like it is on rails compared to all the factory junk. I ended up not buying the D2 Racing coilovers since I had a few go-fast parts for the GTP...and the fact the lady is getting her windows/taillights tinted too on the G5. For the fact I didn't spend more than $400 for everything shipped to my front door...I'm pretty pleased with the results. Now for some rims!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Our cars look so much better when 4X4less. haha
Nice drop. :bigsmile:

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It said they drop a little over 2" in the front...and over 2.5" in the rear...and I believe it. I love it...you have no idea until you lower it and upgrade the sways/tires how much better this car corners...no lies.

·
Registered
236 Posts
how hard was the front sway bar to install?

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how hard was the front sway bar to install?
An epic PITA. Was it worth it after I was done cussing...probably. I had to drop the subframe a little AND remove the rear trans mount. Between that...the RSB...and the springs...expect about 3 hours with everything if you know what your doing...I probably could have cut down on time if I knew to lower the subframe and remove the mount for the FSB...and I also would have cut down on an install time with the Front Strut mounts werent such a ***** and a half.

·
Registered
236 Posts
haha thats good. aha it sounded like a pain. maybe a future part to get and the rear of coarse

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

i like my sportlines its good look.

·
Registered
191 Posts
looks badass man. good job. did you use a spring compressor? Alot of people say its mandatory and then there are people who swear up and down these said people are retarded haha. i want to lower so bad

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes...I used a spring compressor for the fronts only...the rears...they just popped out with a little yanking on once the car was fully jacked up...I'd never NOT use a spring compressor...I'd rather not have a compressed spring from a automobile go flying out at my face or hit the car and damage something or hurt the paint. Work smarter, not harder.

I also hit the bolt on the strut mount with an impact...because that thing was a PITA. It didn't want to move, along with the stupid locking nut on the FSB end link. How ignorant.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Looks nice!

·
Registered
34 Posts
+1 on the spring compressor idea. I've had some scary incidents in the past trying to rig up ways to change strut springs, like launching the top nut through the drywall ceiling of the garage like a bullet! The compressors are cheap enough and work well. Of course there are expensive bench mounted ones as well.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I don't even want to mess with springs after all the stories of broken digits as a result from problems. I'll just pay for someone else to do them.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Just don't be an idiot and do it properly... Trust me, our springs aren't shit compared to others I've worked with. The front springs on an '86 Monte, even with a full coil cut off scare the SHIT out of me...at the slightest noise, I don't care what caused it, we back the jack off and start again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.