Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another successful lowering, courtesy of the "compressor-less" method. Kinda screwed up a few times, but I got the method down now. Took my buddy and I about 2 hours with air tools, but we screwed up a few times. Could probably do it in 45 minutes now! Anyways, alignment will definitely come tomorrow.
Pics! (Btw, they are sportlines).
Before:

After:

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
wow looks reallly good
my sportlines come tomorrow. but im not installing till next month or so till i can get my ss shocks and struts
drop looks realllly good

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Someone asked about the ride - it's really not bad at all. My tires aren't super low profile, i'm sure that helps, since my rims are "too small." just noticed the bumps a little more. I noticed the alignment being off more than the ride being bumpy. Once I get new struts and shocks, I'm sure the ride will be better than before. handling is great, too.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Sportlines are great for a while...then they suck....lol. Don't get me wrong, they look great...they are basically for looks though...they just aren't really for handling compared to the Pro Kit or Pedders.

I've had my Sportlines for a year and half (15k+ miles) and they are fine for commuting to my full-time job and back (~15 miles with half highway and half city). They are great when taking a road trip.

However, I have a part-time job delivering pizza now and they suck ass in all city, stop and go traffic. It also has to do with winter here in MN (lots of potholes and bad roads in winter).

I'm still on FE1 struts/shocks, but will be upgrading finally this summer to FE5 SS/TC struts/shocks. That will help a lot I'm sure, but I'm done with the low look as I want actual handling with my car. I'm going to be buying some springs from Pedders here in a week or so. The drop is less than the Sportlines, but more than the Pro Kit and has a little bit of a rake to it (front end is lower than the back...like an SRT-4, but not as much).

They are supposed to be THE BEST spring available for these cars..they ride better than stock (more comfortable) and at the same time, handle better than every other aftermarket spring out there. Combined with the SS/TC struts/shocks and my OTT rear "street" bar, I believe I will have a lot of fun this summer.

My car handles pretty good right now, but it will be so much nicer. $383 for the springs and $308 for the struts/shocks.

So before the end of summer I will have some Sportlines for sale if anybody else is in the market...They'll be a good $50 or more cheaper than a new set if anybody will be buying then.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Looks amazing...
I can't wait to get me some lowering springs =)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.