Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to lower my cobalt lt.. roughly whats a good drop. and how much would it roughly cost to do in a shop.. I live in Vancouver BTW

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
i have tenzo r's 2" front and 2.5" in the back. and a shop we probably charge a few hundred to do the job. You can always do it yourself, it's not hard.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ur guys cars look great, yeah i definitly dont have the tools. i kno the springs range in price by alot from cheap canuck ones for 120- eibachs for 300.. but at the end of the day im looking at around 350-400 bucks right

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
Minnesota

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

I'm guessing you are in Canada?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah... vancouver, b.c. slowly fixin up the balt. u guys kept the same shocks right, does lowering it hurt the car? or beat anything up more

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
i kept the same shocks and struts. just gotta watch out for stuff a little more other than that you will be fine. it makes the ride more stiff too. make sure to get an alignment also.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
if they have an alignment machine make sure to tell them that. but if it's a good shop they will recommend it for you. I had to adjust my toe inward after i put my springs in.

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

as you lower the car the tie rods lose some of their angle causing the toe to go outward. that is why it needs to be checked. and the camber might possibly be off too but mine was still within spec.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alignment too? its beginning to seem not worth it.. what else comes along ith lowering the car

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

i dont want to do anythin to dramatic, just for looks.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
nothing other than being a little more careful not to hit stuff while you are driving. it's easy to do and the alignment is just a good thing to do so you don't wear out your tires. if you want your car lower it's worth it and easy to do with springs. it's also the cheapest route when doing it the correct way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.