Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
planning on lowering my balt on some ksports later this month. anyone have any experience or advice after lowering their balt?? im having my friend from TireDiscounters throw the springs on for me at their place. i shouldnt be running into any trouble right? should give it a 2-2.5 inch drop (hopefully)

·
Registered
257 Posts
planning on lowering my balt on some ksports later this month. anyone have any experience or advice after lowering their balt?? im having my friend from TireDiscounters throw the springs on for me at their place. i shouldnt be running into any trouble right? should give it a 2-2.5 inch drop (hopefully)
if it's a pro install you'll be fine...and the drop is actually a lil lower once they settle...at least that was the case for my eibachs

·
Registered
41 Posts
yea i mean i did the same lowering height but i got aerospeed(off brand new speed) n yea it rides ruff but handles like a champ...the only thing is make sure you get the adjustable cambers for the front if not you will be changing your tires everytime you change your oil pretty much

·
Registered
53 Posts
well i have been debating weather of not to lower mine but i have the sedan....what are yalls opinions on it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Shouldn't make much of a difference from the 2dr style being lowered. I've noticed if ya get new rims you pretty much have to lower it no matter what style bolt body you have. Better handling... Rougher ride... Looks nice... Goes all around.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i lowered mine 2 in the front and 2.5 in the rear. it looks great but destroyed my stock struts in less than a year

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered the ksport springs and they came in yesterday. I think the boyfriend is putting em on today so ill let ya know how i like em!

·
Registered
265 Posts
You guys may look into chopping a small bit of the bumpstops off, I know many people had to do the because the lower springs were constantly causing the car to bottom into the stops...

·
Registered
257 Posts
wow....they dont come w/ new polly stops? that sucks. Not much of an auto cross guy myself...Still stuck in drags:p. my next car could possibly be a auto x thing but theres just no tracks here in El Paso Texas though :mad:

·
Registered
9 Posts

heres the back with the ksports but i have to wait til tomm for the front to be done.

·
Registered
257 Posts
who needs a sun roof when your windshield is looking at the sky LMAO like the rims

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Looks good ...be sure to take some windy roads for a while to break the springs in

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
You'll be fine! Many balt owners have lowered there car with no problems. (besides struts going out sooner.)

·
Registered
78 Posts
whats the best way to lower my cobalt? coilovers? Or just lower springs? i was reading that lowering springs might kill my struts sooner, but i was thinking it might be better to get coilovers if i can afford it.. if so whats a decent brand of coil overs the sport K?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yes, K-sport seem to be the most popular way to spend your money on coilovers. Springs are a much easier alternative though, no one said you had to give it a 2x2.5 drop. That low of a drop is really what's causing shocks to go out faster...

·
Registered
265 Posts
so like 1.5 in. how long of a life to my struts have?
It's not really an exact science, just common sense really... I couldn't say beyond that...

·
Registered
78 Posts
i mainly want to close the gap alittle on my rear tires. not so worried about the front.. i'll post pictures int he morning..

·
Registered
720 Posts
Maybe you just need OEM SS/SC springs if you want to even it out.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.