Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
i wouldn't put coilovers on an ls anyway....yes you will have to replace the shocks and struts with springs eventually and you should get an alignment immediately after the springs are installed....and no offense to whoever but the ss wing is fail even on the ss model

Everyone is saying that stock struts and shocks will need to be replaced eventually, but how exactly long will they last?
depends on how you drive. most people have to change their driving habits a bit. you want to go slow over speed bumps, avoid potholes etc...
no one can give you an exact time line.

If ur not a leadfoot kinda driver and are safe then they should last you awhile. Maybe like 3 years. If you lower than the regular 2 inch drop then I'd say a shorter time

Everyone is saying that stock struts and shocks will need to be replaced eventually, but how exactly long will they last?
I have around 35,000 miles on my springs and 56,000 on the shocks everything on my car is still good and i live in MS roads are horrible here so that should give you an idea it isn't offten enough to matter much.

Yep... I'm lowered the "controversial" way on stock struts & have been for about 25K (car currently has about 30K on it) & everything is fine. I'm pretty low & dodge potholes, speed bumps & i live in the mnts of VA... just gotta drive like a sane person...lol

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.