Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently have an 08' LS .. i'm a noob when it comes to cars so i need some help :) im lookin to lower my car i herd that k&g i believe r a good brand .. but im not sure anyone wanna giv me a hand ? thanks

·
Registered
505 Posts
Depends how low you wanna go

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Never heard of K&G. I have B&G springs on SS/TC shocks and struts. Love the setup even though it's super stiff for the crappy roads we have here.

Pretty sure the B&G's are the lowest you can go in terms of springs unless you go coilover. I like the drop, but on coupes, the B&G's are a tad higher in the front and it bothered me enough to slightly modify the front springs to go lower in front. Now sits pretty even and I like :D

·
Registered
745 Posts
good cheap springs are ksports. go with the fe5 ss/tc set up all round. i believe its about 300-400$ for the struts/shocks then you can get ksports for right around 130$ and they ride very nice.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
good cheap springs are ksports. go with the fe5 ss/tc set up all round. i believe its about 300-400$ for the struts/shocks then you can get ksports for right around 130$ and they ride very nice.
you can get fe5 for cheaper than that.... or at least i did. the struts as a pair are about 170 and then the shocks are about 90 for the pair. ksports i've heard aren't bad, i have dropzones which are virtually the same spring i believe for the same price

·
Registered
745 Posts
well i got my fe5 struts for 200$ shipped about a year or so ago, then i ended up getting fe3 shocks from a junkyard for 10 bucks :D lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so i need shocks & struts & springs ?? k&g r ok but i do have the LS coupe & thats why i wanna lower my car cuz its so high up and it looks dumb lol fe5 struts $200 fe3 shocks nd k&g springs for like $150 sounds good thanks guys ;) good look

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

and i prolly wanna drop it 2 or 2.5 inches

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Get fe5 shochs and struts from Crate Engine Depot, they have a good package deal. Then buy some decent springs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.