Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty soon i'm gonna be ordering a set of ksport springs from ebay and was wondering if anybody had any picture with there car lowered on them. Also what does the ride feel like with them on?

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
Here is my Balt with the Ksport 2-2.5 springs. I did cut one full coil out of the front springs to give it a little rake. With just the springs most people set level or with a little reverse rake, but allmost every set of 2-2.5 springs set with a slight reverse rake. The ride is like any other progressive spring a little stiffer than stock, no after market spring will ride like stock, no matter what anyone tells you.

Dropzones, Tenzos, & Zenn are all made from the same factory, Just rebranded. I did allot of research about 6 months ago on every different spring made for the Cobalt, I researched and called manufacturers ect. I wrote everything down because i wanted to write an article for everyone and I cannot find the paper but never the less, They are all progressive springs and the spring rate between coils and for the entire coil itself are all most identicle, from the 3 I listed above to K-sport, H&R, B&G's, Progress and the Eibach Sportlines. They are all virtually the same with the only difference being Customer service if you have issues, I sell Eibach at my shop and the customer service is outstanding, but I know a spring is a spring so I went cheap and got the K-sports and cut one coil off the front springs to give me a little rake. They all have coil bind the only spring that is made for the Cobalt that does not have coil bind is the Pedders but they do not offer a low drop.

The old linear Eibach Pro Kit is also a very good spring with great spring rate, but again they do not offer the drop, I think 1.6-1.8 inch. From what I understand from our 2011 product books all Eibach springs are now progressive. I tries confirming online but could not find anything. But yea the sprotlines were always linear and the prokits were progressive, so if this is correct the only difference between the prokit and the sportlines now are the drop.

·
Registered
448 Posts
i've heard they are good quality for the price

another brand you should consider is SSC, similar drop and you can get them from zzp's website for around 190

·
Registered
195 Posts
check with the sellers before you buy, I tried to buy a set last month and was told by three sellers (ebay) and milt, at never enough, that they are on back order till april

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
ordered mine from TTR.. had them within 4 days but yes, check on avalability depending on who you buy from

·
Registered
170 Posts
Here is my Balt with the Ksport 2-2.5 springs. I did cut one full coil out of the front springs to give it a little rake. With just the springs most people set level or with a little reverse rake, but allmost every set of 2-2.5 springs set with a slight reverse rake. The ride is like any other progressive spring a little stiffer than stock, no after market spring will ride like stock, no matter what anyone tells you.

Dropzones, Tenzos, & Zenn are all made from the same factory, Just rebranded. I did allot of research about 6 months ago on every different spring made for the Cobalt, I researched and called manufacturers ect. I wrote everything down because i wanted to write an article for everyone and I cannot find the paper but never the less, They are all progressive springs and the spring rate between coils and for the entire coil itself are all most identicle, from the 3 I listed above to K-sport, H&R, B&G's, Progress and the Eibach Sportlines. They are all virtually the same with the only difference being Customer service if you have issues, I sell Eibach at my shop and the customer service is outstanding, but I know a spring is a spring so I went cheap and got the K-sports and cut one coil off the front springs to give me a little rake. They all have coil bind the only spring that is made for the Cobalt that does not have coil bind is the Pedders but they do not offer a low drop.

The old linear Eibach Pro Kit is also a very good spring with great spring rate, but again they do not offer the drop, I think 1.6-1.8 inch. From what I understand from our 2011 product books all Eibach springs are now progressive. I tries confirming online but could not find anything. But yea the sprotlines were always linear and the prokits were progressive, so if this is correct the only difference between the prokit and the sportlines now are the drop.

Did you install steering rack spacers when you lowered?

·
Registered
195 Posts
who did you order from and did u find out if they were back in stock? gonna order mine, but want to make sure there in stock first.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm looking at K Sports, too. On ebay, they show some that are for as late as 07, others from like 08-10. I have an 08. Is there any difference? Or is that just that stupid thing some sellers do where they list the same product for like 20 names? Am I good to get the 05-06 ones? They seem to be cheaper.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.