Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, dont know much at all about suspension, all i know is i want to lower my car. Now all i need to lower my car is different springs right? Will i need to upgrade my struts aswell though if i get lowering springs?

and are these any good?
Amazon.com: K Sport (LSCV04) GT Lowering Springs - Front: 2", Rear: 2.5": Automotive
their like 110$ ksports. They give a good drop but i feel like theirs something wrong with them because of the price. it seems real cheap. I always thought it would cost alot more to lower you car then 110? Thats why i was thinking i need to upgrade my struts.

But anyhow, any information as always is greatly apperciated. And does anyone know how much about a mchanic would charge for installing new springs?

·
Registered
124 Posts
you should check out "ksport gt vs. eibach sportlines" in forums. i posted it a while back and everyone had good information to give.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
K sports are still good springs. I know a few people who have them. As far as price for installation, Its going to be pretty expensive.. Most shops charge about 2-300 bucks

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all for the information!

·
Registered
610 Posts
if and when you do lower your car, i would do the rear myself and take your front struts to a shop. shops usually charge $85 an hour so they R&R'd the springs on my front struts for $42.50. theres a how to on this also.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I recommend getting Tokico struts. OEM struts don't like lowering springs.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
will oem struts hold up though. I hear plenty of people just get lowering spring and are fine. But some people say that you have to upgrade the struts. Im not looking to do like auto X, i just wantmy car lower so itll look better.i drive a total of 1 mile a day lol. Sometimes 3 when i go to my girlfriends house lol.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I recommend getting Tokico struts. OEM struts don't like lowering springs.
lol and dude ive seen your sig so many times but never really looked at it. I think its great!

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
nothing wrong with the k sports. but ive heard they are on back order. not positive though. as far as the struts, it depends on your driving habits. if you dont corner like a maniac, or hit speed bumps at high speed(you wont:laugh:) your stockers should last for quite a while. you will have to upgrade eventually though.

·
Registered
124 Posts
are those any good?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.