Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok it's time i was looking at my car the other day and the only thing i could think of was... my car would look soo much better if i just dropped it 2 inches all the way around. does anyone know of a good company that makes lowering springs with these kinda numbers that they would recommend... maybe some pics?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Come on bro.. You have been here long enough to know that there are TONS of spring threads..

Most popular = Eibach sportlines
there is also SSC, K-sports, H&R And more that i am forgetting

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have B&G (but they are still in my trunk....long story) But seriously, there are a TON of threads on this site that talk about springs. You will find some, I'm sure... :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am going to be order in the eibach sport-pro kit on friday. I provides about a 2" drop all around as well as stiffer sway-bars. You can get it off tirerack.com for about $460.

·
Registered
610 Posts
idk if you do auto x or anything, but if your cobalt is just a DD, you dont need strut bars. just a waste of money.

·
Registered
139 Posts
are you thinking strut tower braces? the kit comes with 24mm front and 22mm rear sway bars to help decrease the amount of roll when cornering.

·
Registered
610 Posts
yeah. trust me the cornering will improve dramatically just with the springs. no need to get the whole sport kit, but thats just IMO.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yeah, but I figure I got the money so why not. not to mention I am a delivery driver and the way people drive here I might as well be on the track.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
IMO the Eibach sway bars are too stiff for a DD. I'd suggest goinw with the progress or TTR rear sway bar and the FE5 front. they are more suitable for daily driving

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes i have been here long enough and i do know that there are a lot of threads but obviously i wouldn't be posting a new one if there was one that had the numbers i'm looking for... i understand that eibachs are the most widely used but every car that i have seen with eibachs sit lower in the rear... look at the bottom of the car not the top and you can clearly see that the rear sits slightly lower due to the constant forces of driving foward... so here we are again does anyone have pics of just a 2 inch drop all around?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Come on bro.. You have been here long enough to know that there are TONS of spring threads..

Most popular = Eibach sportlines
there is also SSC, K-sports, H&R And more that i am forgetting
x 2 !!!!!

I like the H&R's

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Man I just bought DropZone springs. They are working great. It dropped 2" in the front and 2.5" in the back. Made a BIG!!!! diff in my car. I only paid 127 and that included shipping.

Damn thats a deal and a half haha

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.