Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, whats your take on the eibach pro kit lowering springs? I've got a 2.4 sport. Says they drop 1" up front and 1.5" in the rear, worth getting for my car? I can pick them up new for 120 if that makes a difference. Thanks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I heard the Eibachs were terrible on rough roads...so I went with H&R...tho I heard Pedders are good as well...

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
^^how do you like your H&R's? I have a set waiting for me to put on when I get back.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ For 120 brand new, is that still a good deal for these and how bad of a ride are we talking over stock? Also I heard that the drop on these was rated for the non ss or sport cars, would my sport still get a 1" to 2" drop with these?

·
Registered
129 Posts
^^how do you like your H&R's? I have a set waiting for me to put on when I get back.
They're great...they do make a little noise when turning while backing up but just once...I helped a friend install the same springs and his does the same...nothing anyone else would notice though and it doesn't bother us...

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
They are alright for daily driving though? I got them just for the road, and I've got coilovers for the track.

·
Registered
129 Posts
They are alright for daily driving though? I got them just for the road, and I've got coilovers for the track.
Oh you suck!...I wish I could afford a set of COs...:laugh:

Yes, they're just fine for the road...stiffer than OEM and from my expience, probably not as good as COs...when I switched from lowering spring to COs on my Mini, it handled bumps way better...probably because the damper had better rebound controls...

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
^^Yeah. The coilovers were a PRETTY penny for me lol. Thus why I'm only having them for the track. I'm going to put them on just long enough to seat them, then align them, then put my springs back on until I go to the track lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.