Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Cobalt LS and i am thinking about lowering it, its pretty high. If i get a set of lowering springs should i upgrade my shocks as well?

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
It is imperative that you upgrade your struts/shocks with lowering springs. The FE1 (stock LS/LT suspension package) will handle the lowering springs, but will not last very long.

The long-standing recommendation would be to use the 2008+ SS/TC FE5 struts and shocks. They're extremely affordable, sometimes even cheaper than the stock FE1 struts/shocks, and you're upgrading to suspension that was developed and tested on Nürburgring.

The Powell YYZ springs are by far the best handling ones out there (short of coilovers), but they sit right around stock SS height. If you want a lower drop, but still maintaining excellent ride and handling, I highly recommend the SSC springs. I've run SSC springs and FE5 struts/shocks for about 6 years, and have been very happy with them - both in daily driving (including a few winters) as well as Autocrossing.

Reactions: Parthros

·
Registered
949 Posts
As @MP81 said, dampers are a must. He and I both went with the stock FE5 (SS/TC) struts & shocks, which are available on Amazon. If you can find an "Amazon Warehouse Deal," those are usually damaged packaging but new parts. That's how I got my struts & they've been holding up quite well.

For the springs, I got Canuck Motorsports because they're cheap and surprisingly very good quality. They're the same company who makes the SSC springs that are available on ZZP's website, but for less money. I've been on them for around a year now, and they've been treating me well.

Product Links:
FE5 SS/TC Driver Side Strut
FE5 SS/TC Passenger Side Strut
FE5 SS/TC Rear Shocks (Need 2)
Canuck Motorsport Springs

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where does one purchase said SSC springs from? I also have a '10 LT that I will be upgrading springs and stunts/shocks on.
Thanks

-John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.