Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always been a huge fan of the evo mod on the SS. So I tried to figure out how to do something similar on mine :D
The edges are a bit rough and dont look too good because I did a quick tape job due to not being sure how it would actually look! But I liked the turn out :)

Thoughts?
Oh also did my grill black with a coat of gloss over it instead of the lame grey :p

·
Registered
149 Posts
That looks good. I might have to steal that idea, if you don't mind of course.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
lol, I did this to my grille pieces and fog light shroud. Looks 100% better than stock gray. I'm not sure it would look great with those two pieces painted though. Maybe plastic dip to see if you like it first. Or maybe someone can photoshop it for you to get an idea.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
By all means go for it! I thought about the lower bumper but wasn't too sure where to cut off the "paint" that's the only reason I didn't do it, but I may go out and try it later! Iv also thought about the black silver piece where the bow tie is too... Guess I just found my projects for my day off :p

Thanks for the positive replys guys!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Maybe try painting or plasti dipping the silver beam across the front grill and the lower bumper part. Looks good though now.

i recommend doing the plasti dip idea. i did my beam on mine, and i love it. i would suggest like 10 coats. i did 6, and it could use some more. mine starting to peel off when i was removing the tape, so you might want to peel off the tape as soon as you spray your last coat so it doesn't bond to the tape.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I love it on my SS bumper.

But on your car...just do the top.

Don't bother with the bottom half, IMO.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
i love the looks of doing that bottom part. i want an ss bumper just for the foglights. is it worth putting a SS bumper on a base cobalt like mine?
I honestly wouldn't do it without the entire kit.

You can get fog lights just like mine for your base bumper anyways...

·
Registered
41 Posts
I honestly wouldn't do it without the entire kit.

You can get fog lights just like mine for your base bumper anyways...

No he can't ;)

His bumper doesn't have the inserts like that one does, and even if they did, the bumper behind the inserts is different from the ones that come with foglights to the ones without.

I would know... I spent a month trying to figure it all out on mine. :evil:

·
Registered
55 Posts
bummer, not a big deal. would just be another fun little project. i'm currently plasti-dipping most of my interior black. just for protection primarily, but also for looks. i hate my tan interior. every little spec of dirt shows up.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Nothing a die grinder can't fix you girls :)

Just a better excuse to get the entire SS kit anyways...ha.

·
Registered
52 Posts
hey vettesrule76 did you use spray clear when you painted your beam cause i plan to paint mines white. you used plastic dip?

·
Registered
52 Posts
thanks i will post pics when its done started thundering this weekend so now project is pushed back to next weekend

·
Registered
210 Posts
No he can't ;)

His bumper doesn't have the inserts like that one does, and even if they did, the bumper behind the inserts is different from the ones that come with foglights to the ones without.

I would know... I spent a month trying to figure it all out on mine. :evil:
i have been hoping a deer runs in front of me so i can get that bumper and foglights myself. lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.