Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to test drive a 2007 SS Supercharged Cobalt orange in color with 10,000 miles on it, and it is on sale right now for 14,000 dollars. Right now I own a 2006 LS and am excited to be making this purchase will post up pics later when I fully purchase the thing.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Cool, but you should be able to talk that guy down. There was a 2006 cobalt SS/SC by me with 4000 miles on it, yes 4000, the asking price at the dealer was 12,500.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I woudl say its a good buy if this economy wasnt shot. 1-2 years ago that would be a good buy, but now, talk him down. Ive seen some 2008 SS/Turbo charged going from 15to 17k....

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have some mods done to my interior, but with the gauge that i added its in a ss/sc pod and they didn't care about it. I also have different shift boot, but they didn't care about that either, nothing else really big though. I pick it up tomorrow, and will take pics.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
i have some mods done to my interior, but with the gauge that i added its in a ss/sc pod and they didn't care about it. I also have different shift boot, but they didn't care about that either, nothing else really big though. I pick it up tomorrow, and will take pics.
Sweet man! Excited for you

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks dude. They had an ss/tc there too, yellow in color for like 21k. was nice looking but this one was better looking. I once doubted the orange and now well I like it. Anyone need an ss/sc pillar?

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The only mods that are really getting parted out are as follows:
JVC CD PLAYER
SS/SC PILLAR POD
COBALT SEIRIES OIL PRESSURE GAUGE

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
The only mods that are really getting parted out are as follows:
JVC CD PLAYER
SS/SC PILLAR POD
COBALT SEIRIES OIL PRESSURE GAUGE
ah cool. just thought id check.:bigsmile:
congrats bro, i know they arent as fast as the tc. but good god i love the m62 sound, and modded it would be fast enough for me! :)
id try and get them down to around 12,000 though.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With the deal i got, I purchased the vehicle for 8900 dollars because of a trade in credit of 10000. So therefore that gave me 10000 dollars off of the original price of 18000 dollars. I will have a loan for about 16000 dollars. Its a really good deal on my end especially for the G85 package.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yup its nice, from what i have heard. when i took the cobalt for a test drive i didn't rip it to it too much because the sales guy was with me and i already know what they do. The car is completly stock.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
sweet, there is an orange one around here i thought about trading for too. just not sure i can afford it right now. and my car will be paid off next year. so i dont really want to extend my payments right now.
i also test drove a tc, but i rodded the piss out of it! :laugh: the salesman was about 21, and actually told me he and a tech that has a stage 2 sc took the tc and raced them. so i knew i wasnt going to buy that particular one at least. i scared the shit out of the kid at 110 on the freeway on ramp!:laugh::laugh: he was pushing on the dash so hard, i was wondering if the airbag was going to go off. lmao!

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
really just depends on whose looking at it. If its someone who wants a fresh start/canvas to start doing things themself it can ruin it. For some others it probably would be a plus as they would not have to do some stuff. For me, if it was nicely done and such I would not have a problem but it just depends though

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
gcobalt brought up a question i'd been pondering - does painting your interior, debadging, or anything else considered "drastic" change the price (up or down) for re-sale value?
Yeah, I called a dealership about it and they said it just depended on how it looked.
Most of the people out there are getting normal looking cars. Not cars with the interior half red and half black. Like An older person would want something plain and not so "out there".

When the time comes, and I want to sell my balt, I'll probably just get the stock pieces for the interior so that way it will look newer if I sell it to a dealership.

If I sell it locally to a kid, I'll probably just keep it the way it is so it catches their attention.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.