Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Ive been looking into doing a bumper swap from an 06 LS coupe to an SS bumper w/ fog lights. So far its been REALLY over whelming with all the little parts that going into the bumper alone. I have two questions, first who on here has done this type of conversion? Second, which parts of my bumper can I save some bucks on by re-using parts from my orginal bumper. All the parts are intacted so I really dont want to over spend on parts that I can salvage. Any help or advice would be a great help! Thanks guys n gals!!

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I've done it and all you need is the bumper and lip. Best way to do it is find a totaled one and take the parts.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I did it but installed the sport bumper. Everything from original bumper fits in this one. You don't need new inner fenders. Just need 2 extention brackets each side because sport bumper is lower. You will also need a lower grill which I haven't installed yet. Waiting for nice weather.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If you want to do it right like OEM.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
#11 in this drawing part #15248110 & 15248111. But this is for the sport bumper.

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

I did ok without extended brackets.

Same bumper as coby.
Yeah but bottom is flimsy without it and they flap in the win at 105 mph like a Honda.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
ha, i didn't know they had that, my OCD has me never looking down there because the SS bumper goes down further and the base wheel well cover doesn't go that far.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
#10 in SS bumper same part#

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
and they are only like 10 or 15 bucks each at most new so its not like they are all that expensive...

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

i can get both of them for $16.09 shipped from rockauto

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
That's a good price, I paid more than that. GM parts direct has them for....

010 15248110 BRACKET,FRT BPR FASCIA R $74.57 $51.61

010 15248111 BRACKET,FRT BPR FASCIA L $82.22 $56.91

·
Registered
589 Posts
If you don't plan to add the lower lip, I'd suggest adding the proper air deflector for the SS/NA bumper.

Its #12 in the picture. $38.43 from Gmpartsgiant. you'll need 2 retainers as well. they are $.88 a piece.

I'm not sure this piece is absolutely necessary but I installed it. My thinking was, If the SS/NA bumper was engineered with the use of this deflector in mind, I may as well add it.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

and they are only like 10 or 15 bucks each at most new so its not like they are all that expensive...

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

i can get both of them for $16.09 shipped from rockauto
I bought these exact ones. They are nice rigid pieces.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If you don't plan to add the lower lip, I'd suggest adding the proper air deflector for the SS/NA bumper.

Its #12 in the picture. $38.43 from Gmpartsgiant. you'll need 2 retainers as well. they are $.88 a piece.

I'm not sure this piece is absolutely necessary but I installed it. My thinking was, If the SS/NA bumper was engineered with the use of this deflector in mind, I may as well add it.
Yes I forgot about that piece it is part# 25792391

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

And the retainer # is

GM Part:
RETAINER-EXPAN
Part NO.: 21030249

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Lower grill isn't necessary and neither is the lower deflector, lots of people get rid of it when installing aftermarket cooling anyways.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I did it this weekend, I did have the side extenders, but no lower deflector

Very easy, remove inner fenders, unbolt LT bumper, put Sport bumper back on

Wire the fog lights...mine I just used a relay and wired them to the low beams, I don't need a switch

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.