Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the s/c kit I am buying has a M62 supercharger ported to accept a ported LS4 throttle body.

My question is should I look for a LSJ TB and resale the LS4?

The car I am s/c is my daily (in my sig) and would like the ride the be as smooth as can be. I've heard that the LS4 can make the ride really rough. Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated.

-Springer

·
Registered
34 Posts
id say port the lsj throttle body, but everyone has their own opinions between the lsj tb and the ls4.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
The LS4 TB is about 7mm larger than the LSJ one and gives you more power and torque on the bottom end and a slight bit more boost at low RPMs. It doesn't really do much once you get in the higher RPM levels.

The reason why the ride is 'rough' on the LS4 TB is primarily due to it having a very quick throttle response.

You will need to tune your G5 specifically for it... so make sure to tell that to whoever is tuning you.

·
Registered
224 Posts
i wouldnt run it, im using the LSJ TB plus the L61 TB bolts are good enough to hold in the LSJ TB to the SC so you dont have to buy any more bolts. the LS4 you might need longer bolts???

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
i wouldnt run it, im using the LSJ TB plus the L61 TB bolts are good enough to hold in the LSJ TB to the SC so you dont have to buy any more bolts. the LS4 you might need longer bolts???
LS4 TB needs an adapter plate.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Why would you need a different blower? The LSJ is the stock throttle body...it should mat up to the M62 inlet just fine...you said it was the LS4 that needs the adapter plate...so since your not going to use it I don't see the issue of using the stock TB that came with it.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
You shouldn't need a new blower if you wanted to use the regular TB.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
if it's not, can you re-wire?
IIRC, you have to rewire the TB anyways since the connector for the L61's TB and the SS's is different.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.