Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got done installing my new LSJ DP on my 2.2. Currently I have the racing solution shorty 4-1 header and a Corsa sport cat-back. The LSJ DP was a really good way to finish off the exhaust! I felt a difference as soon as I pulled out of my driveway. And the car really pulls quite a bit harder from 5000-6500 RPM.

Check out the difference..

This is a very cheep solution for any 2.2/2.4 owner that needs a downpipe.

Keep in mind that this is only a direct bolt on for G5/Cobalts with MANUAL transmissions. the motor sits a bit different with the automatic transmission.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
sweet man! ive never seen them side by side before. holly choke point! ive been looking for one of these on and off.but im still not sure if im going to go with the shory header or a mid length. still no cels with racing solutions, and new dp? prob. not just askin. must feel good to have the exhaust finished huh!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sweet man! ive never seen them side by side before. holly choke point! ive been looking for one of these on and off.but im still not sure if im going to go with the shory header or a mid length. still no cels with racing solutions, and new dp? prob. not just askin. must feel good to have the exhaust finished huh!
Yeah choke point FTL! especially right after the cat! But No CEL's as of yet! I don't think I'll have any either. (its usually right away or never)

I'd highly recommend going with the RS header. Its a high quality piece! and you can't beat the price! Then get the LSJ DP from someone who has upgraded to an aftermarket DP. I got mine for 60$ shipped! :bigsmile:

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I hear ya on the mod bug vs cash scenario.. I only work like 2 days a week and i'm spending money in my savings now.. I don't know whats wrong with me! the mod bug was strong when i first got my car, but then it kinda died.. Now its stronger than ever! lol

·
Registered
750 Posts
Im have a LSJ header and getting the XTC DP this weekend then just have to get the tsudo cat back and ill be all set to do my exhaust. Figured it would be best to do it all at once

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Cool! Nice pics...Looks like the 2.2 DP is 1 3/4" OD pipe. That Correct? Sad fact is the 2.4 DP pipe is only 2" and it looks like it uses the same CAT as the 2.2!!!! The LSJ DP is a marked improvement for both the 2.2 and 2.4. -- and you don't get CELs with it. I've had mine in for months now and driven as much as 400 miles in one day without any problems with CELs.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im have a LSJ header and getting the XTC DP this weekend then just have to get the tsudo cat back and ill be all set to do my exhaust. Figured it would be best to do it all at once
Yeah that would be a great way to do it! 1, because your gaskets only have to be pressed once. so you won't have exhaust leaks. And 2, you will feel all the improvement all at once!

I personally would upgrade from the LSJ manifold though.. sure its better, but its still very restrictive compared to a header.

Cool! Nice pics...Looks like the 2.2 DP is 1 3/4" OD pipe. That Correct? Sad fact is the 2.4 DP pipe is only 2" and it looks like it uses the same CAT as the 2.2!!!! The LSJ DP is a marked improvement for both the 2.2 and 2.4. -- and you don't get CELs with it. I've had mine in for months now and driven as much as 400 miles in one day without any problems with CELs.
I'm really not sure of the exact diameter. I'll measure it tomorrow. The thing that really got me was the inlet and flex pipe is still exactly the same as the 2.2's. That must be really restrictive for the LSJ's

But for sure! this is a great upgrade for the 2.2/2.4! plus you can't beat the price!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Well the only reason i am sticking with the LSJ header for now is because I am not yet FI. Once i do FI i will invest in a better header. Until then i think the LSJ will provide the little extra power I want and got it for like $20

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Daman, did you keep your resonator ?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^ the resonator is on the cat-back. However my resonator got so messed up from being scraped that the welds on the inside of the resonator broke. I just replaced it with a straight pipe for like 30 bucks..

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
yea i was thinking bout doing the straight pipe myself

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't do it unless you have to.. It doesn't effect anything but sound. It sounded a little better with the resonator but its not really noticeable..

·
Registered
496 Posts
Yeah choke point FTL! especially right after the cat! But No CEL's as of yet! I don't think I'll have any either. (its usually right away or never)

I'd highly recommend going with the RS header. Its a high quality piece! and you can't beat the price! Then get the LSJ DP from someone who has upgraded to an aftermarket DP. I got mine for 60$ shipped! :bigsmile:
how would you get rid of a CEL if you got one?

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
sweet! but how come i never felt an improvement? =/ maybe i will when i get that header :) now to "try" to save up for it :laugh:

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LSJ is the name of the motor in the SS/SC. Just like FEF is for the 2.4 and L61 is the name for the 2.2. The SS/TC's motor is called an LNF

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.