Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so tax time is offically over for me spring is right around the corner i have my return in and looking to mod out my LS going with the Injen CAI, Tsudo CatBack, RacingSolution 2.2L Headers (saw the thread they look great), and was wanting to get the down pipe also anyone have a link on where to get it?
and i need a link to purchase the MRZ UD Pulley. Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
The LSJ downpipe is just the stock downpipe that comes on the SS/SC. It is basically perfect size for the 2.2 though. Racing solutions does not make a downpipe for the cobalt YET (hint hint:blink1:)

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I did want the SS/SC but i could not afford it at the time, Plus insurance is already outrageous on my LT! (bad driving record) So i choose to modify my LT to my liking. I'm not going all out performance.. Just enough to make it quicker than the rest.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I know I'm going to sound like a broken record...The LSJ DP will "bolt-in" a manual tranny equipped Cobalt but does not "bolt-in" an automatic equipped Cobalt -- the auto requires a longer piped DP than the manual has. It appears that Chevy moved the engine forward and down to align the axles on the auto cars.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Okay, so I realize the downpipe is off the ss/sc, but anyone know of a place where I can pick one up? I will check junkyards and stuff for a wrecked sc, but who knows whether I will luck out or not. So, I was seeing if there was a place I could find one on the web or something.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
You could probably get one from the GM dealer but I'm sure it'd be the cost of an aftermarket one. Try finding someone who has an LSJ and has upgraded to aftermarket

·
Registered
254 Posts
the LSJ downpipe is that only off the 2005-2007 SS/SC with the LSJ engine dose the 2008 SS also have the same downpipe?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
the LSJ downpipe is that only off the 2005-2007 SS/SC with the LSJ engine dose the 2008 SS also have the same downpipe?
Nope...remember, the 2008/9 2.0 is a "LNF" and the turbo is on the exhaust manifold so it is a completely different set-up.
-----Added 8 Mar 2009 at 10:59:15-----
Okay, so I realize the downpipe is off the ss/sc, but anyone know of a place where I can pick one up? I will check junkyards and stuff for a wrecked sc, but who knows whether I will luck out or not. So, I was seeing if there was a place I could find one on the web or something.
LSJ DP new is not cheap...and there is a core charge if you buy a new one too.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
I have a quick question which I think I prob know the answer to, but wanna ask anyway. If I got a gmpp touring exhaust would it really be necessary to use a lsj downpipe with it?

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
If it gives more ponies, then don't you mean it is necessary if I want more?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I have a quick question which I think I prob know the answer to, but wanna ask anyway. If I got a gmpp touring exhaust would it really be necessary to use a lsj downpipe with it?
Although the 08 2.4 uses a different PN DP than the 06-07 2.4 it is probably close in size. The 06-07 2.4 auto DP is 2" OD pipe (check yours to see if it is the same). The LSJ DP is 2 3/4" OD pipe. The LSJ DP has a 60% bigger Cat (Area in square inches) so logically the cat can flow more exhaust than the 2.4 DP.

Remember too that the LSJ DP is not a bolt-in on auto equipped Cobalts...the LSJ DP does bolt-in on manual equipped Cobalts.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.