Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i finally was able to get my lsj ready to go.
From the day i started, it took 2 weeks to get it running/driving. Most of the time was wating for parts.
If i had to go back and do it again, i wouldnt! Took a lot of time and tinkering. Not a beginners job lol

The partial kit i bought on CSS was decent, and i didnt realize the turbo size until i installed it.
.63 a/r compressor housing. take some time to spool but once it does, my god lol. I thought my sc with a 2.9 was fast!
Intercooler kit was universal(nightmare). zzp bov sounds great. Wating on a new stronger elbow coupler. Keep blowing one out over 15psi. Car is an animal! Pics and videos to come. Tuner says at high rpm should be around 400hp
Surprised a SL55 amg the other day ;)

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Yeah, I bent an SL55 'Vert over in my old GTP.

Was fun, those things are two ton tanks, lol.

'Grats on the setup...I've rode shotgun in a few higher boost LNF setups and they were around 375-425...so I can imagine how well it pulls.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its got plenty of power, just high rpm. which is nice cause im getting awesome gas mileage when just driving normal.

Actaully the SL55 was a small little coupe thing! smaller than my ss. supposedly some came with an AMG 5.4L 8cyl supercharged

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got a bunch of stuff for sale if anyones interested!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Congrats on the conversion! Glad it worked out minus the one elbow piece, but that is easy to fix.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
congrats. need timeslips and dyno's

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Told ya turbo was the way to go. Take off the charge piping then put hairspray on the piping then put the couplers back on then get the car to NOT, then give it hell. The spray is like a glue and will help hold the piping together as well as help keep it leak free.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got t bolts. I like the idea about hairspray! That's neat. Ya the couplers that came with the ic kit are junk! Single ply silicon. I found out what a (.68 a/r) typo above when I said .63, does to those couplers lol

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i searched around, was one of the places i looked

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
I've got bolts. I like the idea about hairspray! That's neat. Ya the couplers that came with the ic kit are junk! Single ply silicon. I found out what a (.68 a/r) typo above when I said .63, does to those couplers lol
Imagine a .82. That's what is on my car currently.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
.82 must be high powerband tho! i start to spool around maybe low 3000s. by 4k its up around 5psi. by 5k its close to 15. but after 4k, the boost gauge climbs like crazy!

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

wastegate does make a stupid tick at idle. then once you hit any boost, goes away(even at idle unless you leave it idling for a couple min). gunna swap the spring out, get new bolts to tighten it better too

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Actually with my 2.3 I start seeing boost at 3200rpms and have full boost at 4800-5k then I hold full boost to 9k. So yes it has a high power band but it has decent mid too.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
all depends where the boost is limited i guess. im trying to fine adjust the mbc to 20 right now.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well its a .68 compressor housing. running a 2.5" all the way through too so its not the most free exhaust

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
2.5" ic piping. i would upgrade the exhaust but its all new from my sc build

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.