Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so i have the Lt model and I'm not considering of buying an ss bumper or anything but how much would it cost to get the fog light inserts for both sides for the bumper and the dash trim/switch piece, since i already have the harness in there taped behind the trim, and to get it reprogrammed from a dealership?

·
Registered
60 Posts
U might be in for more of a challenge...take your DS headlight out then the black bracket out and locate the horn....look around there for the fog light wire, I have the switch wire behind the trim panel too, but no wire for fogs in the engine compartment. Do this first before any planning because u will have to plan differently with these results.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
First before you waste your money.

you will NEED to purchase either the SS bumper or the upgraded base bumper for foglights as the foglights do NOT mount to the inserts. THey mount to the bumper themselves. Which unless your car was in a accident or the person before you replaced them with the wrong inserts it will not work. We do sell complete foglight kits for base models who upgrade to fogs. Includes foglight housings, bulbs, HID Kit is desired and PnP harness that does not require a switch. Plugs into the fusebox so there on with the car and off with the car.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

you will NEED to purchase either the SS bumper or the upgraded base bumper for foglights as the foglights do NOT mount to the inserts. THey mount to the bumper themselves. Which unless your car was in a accident or the person before you replaced them with the wrong inserts it will not work. We do sell complete foglight kits for base models who upgrade to fogs. Includes foglight housings, bulbs, HID Kit is desired and PnP harness that does not require a switch. Plugs into the fusebox so there on with the car and off with the car.
so i can't buy these and replace the inserts that don't have the moulding for fog lights, that doesn't seem to make sense, just want to clarify

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
You cannot. YOu can even see in the picture. The foglights do not mount to that. They mount to the bumper itself and unless you had foglights before, the bumper is not shaped to have the mounts. GOtta buy a new bumper.

·
Registered
584 Posts

Who is we?
Lol

[Insert signature here]

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sorry that doesn't make sense to buy a whole new bumper if my plastic inserts come out, and are replaceable with those foglight plastic ones, which would allow me to get fogs if i wanted fog lights, i wouldn't need to buy a whole new bumper, i don't need to buy the upgraded bumper as i can just switch the black inserts as they are the same as the upgraded base bumper, no sense in spending more money then i have to

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I think he means the actual metal bumper under the bumper cover.....but I'm not sure he's right. I think the fog lamp housing screws to the front facia from the front and then the bezel snaps in over. But I think you have to remove the front inner fender to access this area to insert fog lamp housing and also to adjust it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.