Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would it just be easier to switch out my shocks, springs, sway bar, ect with the SS equipment? i wanna get rid of that damn fender gap but i want smooth handling to come with it.

any suggestions. I'm shooting for ideas so dont be too harsh.

·
Registered
135 Posts
What gets rid of the fender gap are lowering springs. All my modifications are listed below, and I can say that the ride is great, night and day difference. The first thing the guys at my shop said about the 2.5" drop was it looked like it was supposed to come from the factory that way. I dont have any pics because I dont have a digital camera.

·
Registered
90 Posts
You can buy the complete FE5 suspension from CrateEngineDepot(I think) for like $750 this is springs, struts, spring seats, front control arms, antiroll bars, everything.

Or just buy what you like, OR, go with a set of Eibach ProKit springs, more drop than the FE5 springs, but not quite as extreme as other options. Still rides pretty good, bout the same as FE5, if you do just springs and dont touch the antiroll bars youll get a better ride over the bumpy stuff

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Or just do the sportlines with Koni shocks/ struts with the front DC Sport sway var with the Progress Rear swaybar and you should feel nice and smooth and secure at higher speed for sure

·
Registered
90 Posts
Or just do the sportlines with Koni shocks/ struts with the front DC Sport sway var with the Progress Rear swaybar and you should feel nice and smooth and secure at higher speed for sure
Koni and Eibach both make nice stuff(thats why I recommended the Pro springs) but Sports drop the car quite a bit more than the FE5(SS/SC) do and in my experience offer a noticeably harsher ride than stock, and there is no reason whatsoever to upgrade the sway bars unless there is a concern with the way the car handles, larger sway bars have a detrimental affect on ride quality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.