Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if getting your car painted is worth it by maaco painting? like how is the job they do? and how long will the paint last?

Thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well considering most people go for the cheap paint jobs, they get what they pay for. Either get their premium paint, whatever they call it, or go to a better shop or dealership. I had paint work done on a 96 mystic cobra (google it) and the dealership was cheaper than maaco. IDK about maaco but I talked the dealership down on labor too. My brother has had work done at maaco, it comes out good but he never keeps cars long so I cant speak for the longevity. I had one of there cheap jobs on a grand prix and it lasted 2 years parked outside. Which really isnt bad considering the price.

Edit: Secondary thought, a cavalier I owned had a cheap paint job, not sure if it was maaco and when I waxed it it pretty much ruined the paint. There were swirls where I made little circles to wax it. But Ive seen my friend do a better paint job in his garage than that cavalier had. So idk who did it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well im getting a 93 del sol as a side project. and the paint is faded in alot of area's so i didnt know what i should do lol

·
Registered
334 Posts
ask to look at a car they painted.. i talked to a guy once.. it was expensive once they throw in the labour costs n other hidden fee's, it wasn't worth it. i'd say don't use macco unless theyre givin you an amazing deal u cant get anywhere else.

·
Registered
563 Posts
well you have to consider the price too. So to get a cheap professional multi coat job, you might be as cheap as 2k if you know someone.

I got a maaco job done on an old car, 1984 porsche 944. Cost me 300 bucks, lasted for 4 years, the whole time i had the car, till i sold it. And it looked decent, after a wash and shine it looked good. I can post pics of it if you want to see what black looks like, or look in my photos ive got 1 pic in there of it

·
Registered
112 Posts
Depends on what u wanna do with the car maaco doesn't do bad jobs at some of their locations I just somehow found one that sucked I had mine painted less than a yr ago and the body work they did is already cracking I should take it back but I don't want the headache of getting another rental car for a week

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
get what you pay for, I'd go and find out and shop around. I plan to get my truck repainted once I get some money and maaco is one of the places I am checking into. I do not plan to go too cheap but not a ton, not worried about a great job. Yea I want a good paint job but its not like a new car or anything.

·
Registered
547 Posts
macco paint jobs suck they do a poor job sanding and preparing for paint so when they do paint when everything is done you have tiny grainy looking spots hard to see from far but up close it looks garbage my friend got his old civic painted black from gold they didnt even paint the door jams...

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
At Maaco you dont pay for the door jams to be painted.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Maaco charges 150 extra for the.door jams I plan on painting mine black myself so I wasn't to worried about it

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.