·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Always on?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yeah they're running lamps and the standard Halogens+Third brake lamp act as Brakes and signals respectively.

Before anyone asks how people can see the difference its extremely obvious, the Halogens are still brighter when they're in the braking mod and that third brake light is on then as well. Also, the halogens FILL the outer lights while these LEDS are more rings

It's all connected by plugs so I could always switch it up in the future if I want but I'm quite please with this arrangment.

Cost? LED chain, dont know what this cost as I bought a roll of it ages ago, used plumbing gaskets to keep the light from "Bleeding" into the reverse light housings, epoxy and windshield sealant. Had all this crap lying around lol

Oh and thanks guys :).. this will satisfy my want for tail lights till I suck it up and get K2's... or might just keep these who knows lol I do like them, wish I could take better night photo's, these are a lot "Sharper" in person

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Test was a success you replied here 5 minutes sooner. More active here?

Will you be able to see the gaskets during the day?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Well you're 2/0 for here vs CSS. I bounce between the two as well. Although when on my phone I'm normally here more because I will have 3 new posts here to go through vs about 60 on CSS.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Very nice Steve! This is probably the nicest set of tails done with LED chain that I've seen. Most of them look very, shall I say it, ricey. That was why I wanted to come up with something different and better looking, ultimately resulting in my double LED K2's.
Great idea on using those gaskets too! If I was making tails for a living I might have to hire you lol

And I know all about how hard it is to take pictures that do LED tail lights justice. They just always seem less sharp and less bright!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha Thanks colodude, you do some fine work yourself with those sedan lights. I originally didnt think about the reverse portion and then I put them together and just facepalmed..had to rip it apart and seal out the light lol

But yeah you get it...pictures just dont show how crisp the light looks.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
was bored with the lease and it had more electrical bugs than I could count lol....it's someone elses problem now :p oh and congrats on the 300, I was looking at those before the SS, but all the ones around here for good prices were RHD which is soon to be illegal anyways here :/

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
was bored with the lease and it had more electrical bugs than I could count lol....it's someone elses problem now :p oh and congrats on the 300, I was looking at those before the SS, but all the ones around here for good prices were RHD which is soon to be illegal anyways here :/
Damn man that sucks. It was a nice car.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
the top of the line ones are nice, those are the ones you see in commercials and such, but trust me, anything less really isn't what you think lol.

I honestly cant express how over the top happy I am with this cobalt, for some reason a white T/C was always something I just had to have and when I saw this one at the body shop I did my damndest to get rid of that Caddy, contact the owner of this car and buy it lol, got it for a hell of a price as well, the cobalt may have its squeaks and rattles, and FWD, but everything else about it is just much more "Fun" than the ATS, the ATS wasn't fun, it wasn't particularly fast, the seats SUCKED (flat slabs of pleather in my model) the gauge cluster drove me bananas, I didn't have the nice headlights(those nice LED/HID's I didn't have) and the COUNTLESS launch problems I had, The clutch chattered more than those women on the VIEW, the wheels were BUTT UGLY, the Run flat tires were AWFUL and it went through gas like it was nobodys business(even when I was being easy on it) and I cant COUNT the amount of times it would just die at a stop light for no reason

For some reason it was sorta slow? the 2.0 in that car I guess doesn't put power down well cuz I was only dynoing 210WHP in a 2700LB car? something like that but this SS T/C would pull a bus length on it I'm sure

Being a lease I said "f*** it" " your not my car and Idont need this crap, off with your head!"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.