Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
installed custom intake...... when i attach maf sensor....engine dies.....................when its disconnectected...runs ok, cel light shows "maf sensor low volts" but GREAT get up and go from engine.................

by the way....non SAI 2.2L

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, it only fits one way

·
Banned
384 Posts
the maf sensor itself can go either way.

this is the reason we but name brand and not custom :confused:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just so ya know, i cut a notch into the 3" metal intake to install the MAF sensor

ok, so it was upside down!!!!! my bad!!!.....i fixed this and my car ran fine for two days........now while drivin on the freeway, 102 degrees out, i get a CEL #PO172 "system too rich"
anyone else experienced this, with a custom intake?

·
Banned
384 Posts
Ya thats very common even in some brand name intakes. NOthing you can really do about it but tune. NO worries tho youre not hurting anything, the ecu just isnt used to that much air intake. I know some peoples ecu have just reset themselves. Just go to autozone and delete the code for free.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have an actron code reader.....so i deleted the code yesterday.....now its back on.........car still runs fine though... but thanx for the info

·
Banned
384 Posts
hm. You might try reflashing your ecu. lemme ask you, how long have you had this intake on?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
OK, stupid question...........Did you reset your ECU by disconnecting your battery???? I had the same code, disconnected my battery, drained the charge by turning my car on, then reconnected my battery........it reset my ECU, and had the settings WITH the intake i installed.......

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no, just connected code reader, and deleted code from the code reader....i will try disconnectig battery

i've hade the intake on for 4 days now

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.